What's new

Two questions when Owens comes back

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
1. Does he go back to closer?

2. Who goes down? Miller, Gardner or Messenger?

--------------

1. Ya know, i really dont think it matters. I'm just glad we're chosing between two guys that are pitching well instead of Fat julio and anyone else.

2. I hesitated to put Messenger on there, but we never see him it seems like. It surprised me that Gardner would go in tonight, and not Mess, after Gardner struggled in 1+ IP of work last night.. so, is there no confidence at all in Messenger? Personally, I'd like to see Miller stay and Gardner go down.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
1. unfortunately, no. Gregg is the closer per Fredi

2. Gardner

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
1. I hope he goes right back to the closing role. Granted Gregg has done a good job in his absence, Owens is better 9th inning material.

2. Gotta be Gardner going down.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Gregg can be a fine closer.. I just think his ability to go a few innings when needed makes him more valuable in that role.. but, i do like his makeup and think he could do a fine job. Has looked great in his limited save opp.

No matter what, when Owens is back, a group of Owens, Lindstrom, Tank, Gregg and Pinto with Miller and Mess in the back is a damn good looking bullpen. They have to step up with the rotation being banged up.

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
gregg is one of the few relief pitchers we have that has experience , his stuff while good may not compare to Ownes and Lindstrom but he knows how to pitch , we should close let owens and lindstrom set up for a year

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
It'll be between Miller and Gardner to be sent down. But Miller's thrown well, but Gardner threw real well today.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
but Gardner threw real well today.
no he didn't

Top Bottom