What's new

Uggla

EricWiener

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dan needs a day off. Let him calm down and stop swinging from his toes.

fanfish

Muckdog
Reaction score
He needs something, but I don't think a day off is warranted after only 5 bad days. At this point it may hurt his confidence more than help his hitting.
(But I wouldn't mind seeing Almezaga hit in his spot for a few games)

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
might not be a bad idea, get him ready for 3 night games in a row starting tomorrow. plus he is goign to get another day off on Thursday.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
"Daniel san" as i like to call him, will snap out of it today,book it!

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Uggla has been Ugly so far but there's no real use in benching him for a game. Today's the Phillies are putting some random douche on the mound so there's a great chance of him having a solid game today and getting back on track.

Reaction score
No way, he's played 5 games with a day of rest in between them. It's all his mechanics and his mentality right now. He needs to make the adjustments on the field, and today will be that day with Segovia, whoever he is.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
After 5 games sitting Uggla does nothing, He needs to play his way back to form. Patience...patience

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Its a little early for a day off, he did hit that monster bomb in DC so his swing isn't totally crap, lets see after this next 3 game series.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Its a little early for a day off, he did hit that monster bomb in DC so his swing isn't totally crap, lets see after this next 3 game series.
He actually had close to a 2nd homer in that game

Reaction score
Dan needs a day off. Let him calm down and stop swinging from his toes.
Last year if my memory serves well he was struggling also at the start of the season.

llahsram

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm also an advocate of patience. I really think Dan is the kind of guy you just put in your lineup and let him do his thing. I firmly believe that he will come around.

evenflow58

Muckdog
Reaction score
Last year everybody struggled at the beginning.

Uggla needs to stay in. He'll have a day where he'll get some excuse me singles and then he'll be ok. Balls just aren't falling for him right now.

flasportsfan88

Muckdog
Reaction score
Uggla has been Ugly so far but there's no real use in benching him for a game. Today's the Phillies are putting some random douche on the mound so there's a great chance of him having a solid game today and getting back on track.
:lol

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Personally, I would like to see the reserves that havent gotten a start yet, get a start today.

Keep them fresh and feeling a part of hte active roster if nothing else.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just FYI, that "random douche" had a 75/41 BB/K and a 3.1 ERA in the minors last year.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
good thing minor league success automatically means major league success!

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Did I ever say they did? I was simply pointing out he didn't come out of nowhere.

And if minor league stats don't mean major league success, why does management and virtually every fan think Hermida is a god?

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
You can't work your way out of a slump on the bench. And I don't even think you can call it a slump yet, it's been only five games. I really can't believe it's even being suggested.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Did I ever say they did? I was simply pointing out he didn't come out of nowhere.

And if minor league stats don't mean major league success, why does management and virtually every fan think Hermida is a god?

well he isnt in their top 10 prospects.

he has never pitched more than a half season above AA ball.

so ya, i'd say he came out of nowhere.

Hermida is a highly regarded prospect, Segovia, not so much.

Top Bottom