What's new

Updated: Homer Bailey to Start Friday for Reds

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Reds top prospect, and one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, will make his debut and start either Friday or Saturday vs. the Indians.

I can't wait. :notworthy

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's on teh fantasy team ftw.
You giving me the idea to pick him up, FTW.

You, FTMFW

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Oh man.

Awesome.

I can't wait.
Didn't you get to see him in Sarasota?

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
Oh man.

Awesome.

I can't wait.
Didn't you get to see him in Sarasota?

Yeah, always loved watching him pitch. Actually got to be around him a little bit when I interned with the team last year, always was a nice guy. Drove a pickup and wore cowboy boots and jeans, the type of guy that didn't seem to let his status get to his head. I hope he tears it up in the Show.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's on teh fantasy team ftw.
You giving me the idea to pick him up, FTW.

You, FTMFW

I drafted him and have kept him stashed on the roster since then, just waiting for him to get the callup. He's gonna be a good one.

I think I will see if he is still a FA in my league. Maybe.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah, i just picked him up. thanks for the heads up.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is he up to stay?
Yeah, The last thing WK wants is for him to have to go back to AAA. The moto always has always been, when he gets up here, keep him up here.

Aaron Harang, Bronson Arroyo, Homer Bailey, Kyle Loshe...whos the 5th starter, Matt Belisle?

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Aaron Harang, Bronson Arroyo, Homer Bailey, Kyle Loshe...whos the 5th starter, Matt Belisle?
I'd say Belisle is the 4 and Loshe is the 5.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Does Bailey have a pitch besides a fastball? I wasn't exactly impressed with his pitching last summer in Pittsburgh at the Futures Game.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Does Bailey have a pitch besides a fastball? I wasn't exactly impressed with his pitching last summer in Pittsburgh at the Futures Game.
He had a blister on his pitching hand which caused him to just go with all heat. He has a 4 seamer, 2 seamer, curveball, and changeup.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
He had a blister on his pitching hand which caused him to just go with all heat. He has a 4 seamer, 2 seamer, curveball, and changeup.
Ah, ok. I was under the impression that he projected more as a closer in the majors.

The Reds can sure use him, although at least they have Harang and Arroyo.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
Both times I saw him pitch he was absolutely nasty and it was, like Junior said, more than a fastball. In the FSL All Star Game he struck out the side on about 11 pitches. I think Kevin Slowey (Twins) struck out the side on 9 pitches (pretty impressive). In Jville obviously I got to see a lot more pitches and he was just sick most of the time, the curve was constantly freezing batters and they couldnt catch the fastball. He was fun to watch and I look forward to seeing him in the Majors.

Top Bottom