What's new

UPDATED: WITH PICS

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tomorrow, I'm going to the Catfish (Devil Ray) vs. Asheville Tourists (Rockies) game. Single-A. Any hot shot prospects that I should get autographs of/take pic's of? I'll post pictures after the game.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
eh...

seems like a boring game lol

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
eh...

seems like a boring game lol
ya, I know rockies/devil rays. but when the tickets are second row, next to the dugout, and you're only paying $10 a piece..not too bad. Do they have good minor league teams though? are the tourists and catfish any good? hopefully they aren't as bad as their big league teams are.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was referring to the prospects...

no real awesome names... I think

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Desmond Jennings. I've never seen him play, but I've heard a lot of good things about him. Supposedly a superior all around athlete with serious wheels. Have fun dude and take some pics

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was referring to the prospects...

no real awesome names... I think
o ok.

Keep an eye on Desmond Jennings. I've never seen him play, but I've heard a lot of good things about him. Supposedly a superior all around athlete with serious wheels. Have fun dude and take some pics
ok, I will. thanks.

SoFlaFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
ya, I know rockies/devil rays. but when the tickets are second row, next to the dugout, and you're only paying $10 a piece..not too bad.

You're paying $10.00 for a Single-A minor league game!?!? Even the second row seats at RDS for a PBCardinals or Hammerheads game are $5.99 if you buy them in advance -- $7.99 if you buy them at the stadium the day of the game. Last season, my son and I were paying $4.00 to get into the stadium and then just sat in the first row right behind the PBCardinals on-deck circle!

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am guessing you are in Asheville? Do you live there?
ya, I'm up in Asheville for spring break. Both of my grandparents have houses up here, which we're free to use anytime. My dad used to live up here. It's so cold...

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
I went to college in Asheville. My favorite town I have ever been too. I want to move back soon.

McCormick Field (where the Tourists play) is wonderful. It's so historic. Babe Ruth used to hit homers there.

College students used to be able to get in for $4.

Man, I miss it. I'm moving back to Asheville.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am guessing you are in Asheville? Do you live there?
ya, I'm up in Asheville for spring break. Both of my grandparents have houses up here, which we're free to use anytime. My dad used to live up here. It's so cold...
Awesome. I'll be there in a few days :) .

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
ya, I know rockies/devil rays. but when the tickets are second row, next to the dugout, and you're only paying $10 a piece..not too bad.

You're paying $10.00 for a Single-A minor league game!?!? Even the second row seats at RDS for a PBCardinals or Hammerheads game are $5.99 if you buy them in advance -- $7.99 if you buy them at the stadium the day of the game. Last season, my son and I were paying $4.00 to get into the stadium and then just sat in the first row right behind the PBCardinals on-deck circle!
whoa! I'm surprised , I thought the other teams would charge more.

I went to college in Asheville. My favorite town I have ever been too. I want to move back soon.

McCormick Field (where the Tourists play) is wonderful. It's so historic. Babe Ruth used to hit homers there.
yea, Ty Cobb, Ruth, Gehrig, all those guys have played here. Of course a lot of MLB players have too: Pierre, Helton, Hawpe, (I don't remember the rest)

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I had a great time. The D-Rays won 8-3. In total I got 19 autographs (16 before game, 3 after). Every single player that I asked to sign, said "Hey buddy, how you doin'?" or some other kind remark (another thing I like about MiLB). The Tourist pitching coach is a guy by the name of Bryan Harvey (ever heard of 'em?). He has cool, I told him I was from florida and was a season ticket holder and all. After the game I got a game used bat from the D-Rays 1B Matt Fields and he also signed a ticket, I got a ticket signed by Desmond Jennings, and a ticket signed by the catcher dude. cool stuff. I also got a baseball that was lying in the dugout.

btw, Ramp: Jennings looked impressive, he had a lot of speed. First time he got on he took a ginormous lead and the pitcher threw over 3 times to no avail. He went from 1 to 3 on a single to CF, without even drawing a throw. Solid defensively, only had a couple of balls hit to him. He made one nice grab on the run, over his shoulder.

here are the pics;

Jenning's with a big lead

Jenning's dives back

Jennings

Jennings going from first to third on a hit.

Jennings

Joe Mikulik, the manager. If you don't know who he is, search his name on youtube :thumbup

A Catfish Pitcher

Tourist Pitcher

Matt Fields' game-used broken bat

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/baseball3698/AshevilleTourists014.jpg
the baseball I got

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/baseball3698/AshevilleTourists015.jpg
autographed program book

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/baseball3698/AshevilleTourists016.jpg
autographed ticket, on top is catcher-man, middle is Matt Fields, bottom is Desmond Jennings.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
The only thing I know about Jennings is that he was a top 20 prospect in the Appalachian League last year when he played with Princeton.

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's definitely a talent. Looks like you had a good time, glad you got to see Jennings and take some pics.

Top Bottom