What's new

Updates on our wounded

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ricky Nolasco-R- Marlins Apr. 19 - 10:16 am et

Ricky Nolasco (elbow) is scheduled to throw batting practice on Friday.

Nolasco next step after Friday's batting practice session is to pitch in game situations at extended spring training. He remains on pace for a return to the Marlins' rotation in early May.
Source: Palm Beach Post

Josh Johnson-S- Marlins Apr. 19 - 10:05 am et

Josh Johnson (elbow) remains pain-free after playing catch the past few weeks.

Johnson is expected to begin throwing from a mound in the next week or so. The current timetable for his return is early June.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Jeremy Hermida-OF- Marlins Apr. 19 - 9:55 am et

Jeremy Hermida was able to take batting practice Wednesday for the first time since injuring his knee on March 23.

The Marlins still don't have a timetable for Hermida's return. He will likely need at least a couple more weeks to get into playing shape and get his timing at the plate.
Source: Miami Herald

Sergio Mitre-S- Marlins Apr. 18 - 11:28 pm et

Sergio Mitre said he expects to make his next start as scheduled Sunday against Washington.

Mitre had a blister tear open in the first inning of his start Tuesday, but he doesn't want to miss an opportunity to face the Nationals.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess, better than expected and everyone is progressing nicely.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
yep...I was especially worried to hear of a setback to JJ

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Am I jumping the gun when I say i'd much,much rather have Vanden Hurk starting over Mitre when JJ and him are both healthy?

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
there's the problem with getting all worked up over a couple decent innings. He just got Kensing'd

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
there's the problem with getting all worked up over a couple decent innings. He just got Kensing'd

Meh, I still like his stuff alot, but he just lost it after that pitch to Delgado.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Am I jumping the gun when I say i'd much,much rather have Vanden Hurk starting over Mitre when JJ and him are both healthy?
I am jumping with you my friend!

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score

Meh, I still like his stuff alot, but he just lost it after that pitch to Delgado.
there's so much more to being a good pitcher than stuff...a lot of guys that dont make it have good stuff

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score

there's so much more to being a good pitcher than stuff...a lot of guys that dont make it have good stuff

Well, thanks for stating the obvious. it's not like Mitre has that "other stuff" though.

Reaction score
The list keeps growing. Cabs is on it now too. I wonder how much more we can handle. After losing 5 straight games I do not think we can hold much longer.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
The list keeps growing. Cabs is on it now too. I wonder how much more we can handle. After losing 5 straight games I do not think we can hold much longer.

I'm hoping/thinking that Cabs injury is not very serious. It is obviously something they knew about ;he was a game time decision and he probably thought he could play through it. If it is serious though and Cabs is out for an extended period of time- this team is Washington Nationals level bad.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
If this injury to Cabrera is serious, I don't even want to think about whats going to happen these next few days.

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
is going wrost for rookie manger Fredi Gonzalez if more player go down. i can see worry face during game

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

I'm hoping/thinking that Cabs injury is not very serious. It is obviously something they knew about ;he was a game time decision and he probably thought he could play through it. If it is serious though and Cabs is out for an extended period of time- this team is Washington Nationals level bad.

Thought I read someplace that Cabs hurt that side during an AB Wed night?? I was wondering why he tried to lay down a bunt last night. I watched him go into the dugout and Fredi was talking to him. At the time I figured Fredi was asking him what the heck was that all about, you don't take the bat out of your sluggers hands. When he didn't take the field I figured he was hurting some from the previous night. Did TV say anything different??

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score

Well, thanks for stating the obvious. it's not like Mitre has that "other stuff" though.

no need to get catty :shifty

and, you're right. Mitre's stuff actually got a tick better from the year before, but it has yet to materialize into results. I think before the year is up (and if healthy) they'll manifest.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score

Thought I read someplace that Cabs hurt that side during an AB Wed night?? I was wondering why he tried to lay down a bunt last night. I watched him go into the dugout and Fredi was talking to him. At the time I figured Fredi was asking him what the heck was that all about, you don't take the bat out of your sluggers hands. When he didn't take the field I figured he was hurting some from the previous night. Did TV say anything different??

Bob,
I read on FloridaMarlins.com that Cabs injured it initially during the Houston series (possibly explains his poor at-bats) and tweaked it on Wed. against the Mets. I would sit out Miggy this whole Washington series if he isn't 100%. It's too early in the season to take a chance on your star player. The last thing we need is for Miguel to have a nagging injury that affects his batting. Even though he does pretty decently against the Nationals. :shifty

ETA: Even more reason for the Marlins to be cautious with Cabs. Didn't Pujols suffer from a right oblique strain last season and had to be put on the DL?

Top Bottom