What's new

Updates on our wounded...

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Walking wounded: Josh Johnson, who has an inflamed right elbow, threw well during a simulated game, and wiill throw another on Tuesday. A specific date when Johnson will start his rehab assignment has not yet been set. ... Alejandro De Aza, troubled by a bruised and sprained right ankle, remains at the team's Minor League complex in Jupiter, Fla., and isn't playing yet. ... Anibal Sanchez, dealing with right shoulder tendinitis, will play catch again Monday.
Flamarlins.com

Do you think we should make one sticky thread with the updates on our wounded? This would take away from a new "update" threads everyday.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Walking wounded: Josh Johnson, who has an inflamed right elbow, threw well during a simulated game, and wiill throw another on Tuesday. A specific date when Johnson will start his rehab assignment has not yet been set. ... Alejandro De Aza, troubled by a bruised and sprained right ankle, remains at the team's Minor League complex in Jupiter, Fla., and isn't playing yet. ... Anibal Sanchez, dealing with right shoulder tendinitis, will play catch again Monday.
Flamarlins.com

Do you think we should make one sticky thread with the updates on our wounded? This would take away from a new "update" threads everyday.

But how's the board supposed to get cluttered if we do that? :( j/k that's a great idea.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sounds like De Aza is done for awhile... we have heard this kind of mysterious terminology before

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Any news about Jose Garcia?

After he transfered to 60 days DL, no one spoke about his status.

It's very weird.

Keysfishfanatic

Muckdog
Reaction score
We need Josh and Jacobs back, I like Hollys idea...hopefully the list stays small

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I could do without Jake for awhile.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
De Aza injury is such a mystery in so many different ways, on a different note Jake was playing extremely well when he got hurt Er really need him

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
What is really up with De Aza?

I would really like the answer to that one. We hear he has been running, we hear he isn't playing, we hear...blah...blah...blah. I saw him during BP at a home game during our last stand and he wasn't limping and was doing fine in the cage. I figured we would be seeing him soon.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Take your time JJ. Don't do anything stupid.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score

It's very weird.

According to the local papers, Garcia looks like he might be headed for elbow ligament replacement surgery

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score

It's very weird.

According to the local papers, Garcia looks like he might be headed for elbow ligament replacement surgery

daaaaaaaaamn. i was so pumped to have him on our roster at the end of last season

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm quite excited to see our rotation when everyone is healthy again, but JJ and Anibal should take their time. Still: D-Train, Scotty, Mitre, Anibal, and JJ make for a hell of a staff. If they're all pitching healthy in the second half, we can really go on a tear in the second half.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm quite excited to see our rotation when everyone is healthy again, but JJ and Anibal should take their time. Still: D-Train, Scotty, Mitre, Anibal, and JJ make for a hell of a staff. If they're all pitching healthy in the second half, we can really go on a tear in the second half.

yeah, the silver lining for all these injuries is that we'll have like half of our pitchers very well rested and healthy for the second half of the season.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
It must suck to be DeAza. Kid makes it out of spring training without much experience in the minors all-together and with some hefty (but not talented) competition to only get injured and be forgotten.

it must be heavy on his shoulders

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
JJ looks like he is progressing nicely.. what a lift he will be.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Looks like Cody had a setback...

Cody Ross (hamstring) suffered a setback while running last week and won't be activated from the disabled list when he is eligible on Tuesday.

"They shut me down," Ross said. "Once we get back home, I'll start getting after it. It's coming. It's doing a lot better, but I haven't even started running yet. The thing about hamstrings is they get better really fast and then kind of plateau and it lingers there. It's lingering right now."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...-sports-marlins

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
It must suck to be DeAza. Kid makes it out of spring training without much experience in the minors all-together and with some hefty (but not talented) competition to only get injured and be forgotten.

I read stuff like this and I wonder who is it that someone suggests has "forgotten" De Aza? Certainly not the front office, or the manager, and those are the only two constituencies that matter.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score

I read stuff like this and I wonder who is it that someone suggests has "forgotten" De Aza? Certainly not the front office, or the manager, and those are the only two constituencies that matter.

I dont think that he is that priviledged to come back from an injury and regain his spot or has earned it whatsoever ... maybe he was simply on a hot streak back in march/april, which made him make the team out of ST. he then goes out and plays for 2 weeks goes down with an injury and that "hot streak" is now gone.

I dont expect the front office to be so blind as to expect DeAza to be on the same form that he was coming out of spring training (in which none of his previous minor league numbers shwo that he was bound for the big leagues)

... what I meant to say is that his chances to get the starting CF position for the florida marlins are as good as Abercrombie & Amezaga if not lower

Top Bottom