What's new

V for Vendetta

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
First off, ti apologize if there is already a thread on it.. i looked for it but couldnt find it.

Just got done watching it. I knew absolutely nothing about the movie or that it was a graphic novel... so for some reason, i just thought this movie was Natalie portman with a shaved head whooping some ass. Guess i was wrong. But yea, loved the movie. I just read a little of the political garbage from both sides when talking about the movie, which makes me laugh.. but i allways put that crap aside when I'm trying to be entertained and I thought it was a pretty damn entertaining film.

Anyway, if this needs to be moved.. sorry!

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didn't like it at all. I was one of the few people who didn't, I guess. But I just didn't like the "V" character himself.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea, that part didnt do it for me either.. as for the trailers, never really remember seeing them.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, you were probably much better off seeing it now then in the first few weeks it was in theatres with all the advertising.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Excellent film, although they actually made V a much more likeable character than in the comic, where he was more of an anarchist than anything else.

Still, I think they did a good job of capturing the essence of the story. Now they just need to do a Watchmen movie (also written by Alan Moore).

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Since I didn't read the graphic novel, I was able to appreciate it as simply a movie. I enjoyed it. It kind of made me want to start a revolution of my own and made me guilty being just another cog in the machine.
Now they just need to do a Watchmen movie (also written by Alan Moore).
Already in the works. :thumbup

Bryan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Valerie was the whole reason V was doing what he did. It was critical to the story. You couldn't cut it out under any circumstances. Though the way it was shot did tweak with the films pacing.

I liked.

Watchmen should be amazing if they do it correctly. My confidence in Snyder was greatly shaken by 300, but maybe he'll nail it.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I thought that 300 was pretty good for the most part. It's not supposed to be a deep story, so it certainly accomplished that. The visuals were excellent, and many were taken straight out of the graphic novel itself.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I didn't think it wasn't pertinent or unneeded, but the way it was carried out was pretty poor in my view. Its supposed to create a lot of feeling and emotion for a variety of characters and I don't think it pulled that off at all. It was more annoying and bloated in my view.

Top Bottom