What's new

Victor Victor Mesa

taiwanmarlin

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Mesa Jr. has a fast start to his professional career. 

97marlin

LumberKing
Reaction score
his brother is 22 and hasn't played the game in a year. He will adjust. 

Actually I feel confident that 2 or 3 of the 22 year olds in high a will make the majors. If 

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
now hitting around .240... not great but his average is climbing of late

DTrain

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Batting Average just makes me sigh uncontrollably 

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
OPS of .562 makes me much more uncomfortable, but again, he's working his way back after not playing for almost two years. I'm willing to give him time. He's also playing in Jupiter, and the FSL is a pitcher's league from what I remember. Roger Dean Stadium is gigantic. If he's still struggling midway through next year, that'll be a problem, but hopefully we won't even have to worry about it.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Over the course of three games that I've got to watch him play one each in April, May and June he's a combined 1-14. I really don't see his progressing at this time and he'll have a lot of competition for an outfield spot in the future with Harrison and Miller and if they get anything out of Brinson he'll be at best a 4th outfielder. I've got one more game planned to watch him before the end of the season, hopefully his bat will look a little more lively. 

DTrain

Hammerhead
Reaction score
.295 OPS in 46 plate attempts in AA

Not batting average.   On Base Plus Slugging.  

DTrain

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Wasn’t he ranked as our #1 prospect at one point? 

He’s 14th now. 

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Wasn’t he ranked as our #1 prospect at one point? 

He’s 14th now. 
He hasn’t been good this year obviously. But they also added a great deal of talent to the system and some players have improved over time. It just speaks to the depth of the system in my opinion. One of the best farms in baseball. 

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
i am close to agreeing with the bust label... he hadn't played in a long time but man he needs to show some pop

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Definitely still time for him but, like Brinson, it's great to see that the organization doesn't add some talent and then stop. They keep adding and that depth is what allows the organization to still have hope when any of the prospects start to falter. Just imagine if they thought Mesa and Brinson were enough and then stopped adding pieces after acquiring them.