What's new

Victor Victor Mesa

Edwin Velez

LumberKing
Reaction score
Right now it can be said you can throw in any Little Leaguer from Jose Marti Park and they would not do any worse than Victor Victor. He may not be a bust yet but the Sculptor is just about ready to put away his chisel.

Bust.png

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Why do people keep discounting the fact he was out of the game for 15 or 16 months? And chances are he never faced pitching that was as good as he's facing now on a consistent basis. It's also very possible he finished his time playing baseball in Cuba injured - his final two stints there he played only 40 games.

If he's still bad middle of next year, then I think we can throw the "bust" tag on him, but shoot it's gonna take time for him to make all these adjustments. And again ... thank goodness this team actually has a plan and is stockpiling talent rather than just saying "we got these two, we're good." The team being successful will not hinge solely on VVM.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Why do people keep discounting the fact he was out of the game for 15 or 16 months? And chances are he never faced pitching that was as good as he's facing now on a consistent basis. It's also very possible he finished his time playing baseball in Cuba injured - his final two stints there he played only 40 games.

If he's still bad middle of next year, then I think we can throw the "bust" tag on him, but shoot it's gonna take time for him to make all these adjustments. And again ... thank goodness this team actually has a plan and is stockpiling talent rather than just saying "we got these two, we're good." The team being successful will not hinge solely on VVM.
This.

Hotcorner

LumberKing
Reaction score
Seeing him in Jax he looked a little overmatched but give him time.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
In other news, at least his brother seems to be figuring things out.

Reaction score
It's gone a bit under the radar, but known bust Victor Victor Mesa was 3-for-3 last night with 1 BB, 1 SB, and a sacrifice fly. Even though he's 0-for-2 tonight, he's still batting over .400 with a .900ish OPS in the AFL.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
VVM was named an All Star in the AFL... is he finally starting to show signs of figuring it out?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I won't get too hyped about AFL stats but hopefully.
But it's not nothing either. If he was sucking in the AFL people would be reminding us that he's a bust. You should know the drill by now. Stop moving the goal posts.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
But it's not nothing either. If he was sucking in the AFL people would be reminding us that he's a bust. You should know the drill by now. Stop moving the goal posts.
I never called him a bust or said I think he will be one. I was just saying AFL stats don't mean much.

I still have high hopes for VVM.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I never called him a bust or said I think he will be one. I was just saying AFL stats don't mean much.

I still have high hopes for VVM.
Yeah I was exaggerating but my point still stands. He can become MVP of the AFL and some will still say bust.

Latest posts