What's new

Views from above

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Positive things bright spots

1. Pudge is "Mr.Clutch" hitting when it counts.
2. Pierre can HIT away from coors. fun to watch and the boy can fly
3. Redman is a "real pitcher" not a thrower (are you paying attention Penny)
4. Bullpen was outstanding in the first game. Almanza and V.Nunez pitch well. Almanza must have been saving himself because he really su@ked in spring training.

Negative things the dark side

1.Castillo better get those off field problem out of his mind. IMO, he is worried about being trade or where he'll be playing in the future.

2.DLee another slow start. I wonder if these guy has the attitude(mental strong) it takes to bat in that #4 hole.He's the opposite of Pudge, he hits when it doesn't count.

3.Hollandsworth has real looked bad. I think the club made a huge mistake signing this guy to a guarantee contract because it effected the team not being able to keep Al Martin. If the position would have been open going into spring training Al Martin would be the starting LF and Hollandsworth probable would NOT be on this team.

4.Pudge handling the pitching staff has been in question. I'll take a wait and see

5. Alex Gonzalez I think half the SS in the minors could hit better than this guy. What I don't understand is that "if" Miguel Cabrera is your future. Why don't you play at SS to get him a bats in ML? anything is better than Alex Gonzalez

6. Pavano and Beckett got screwed. The Umps really squeezed this guys. It makes you wonder :angry Has anybody wonder why the Expos will be in these race longer than they are suppose to hmmmmm $$$ conspiracy? maybe or just a ump with a grudge. remember going into opening day we owned Millwood and Wolf but really struggled against Padilla go figure.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good:

1. Agreed. He's all that was advertised offensively. And he gunned down someone in the 2nd game (Rollins maybe) where the throw was so quick and hard and accurate it was ridiculous.

2. Yeah, Pierre's doing the things Castillo should be doing.

3. Guys who throw in the 80s kinda HAVE to be "pitchers" instead of throwers. Redman looked awesome out there though, hope there is more of that to come.

4. For the most part I agree. Nunez got them out of a jam in tonight's game too. Spooneybarger hasn't looked good yet.

Bad things:

1. I don't know what's wrong with Castillo, he looks like he's trying to muscle pitches instead of just making good contact and slapping them through the infield. Even the triple he hit the other day was not a typical Louis Castillo swing.

2. If Lee keeps this up he's on his way toward another big strikeout year. One thing that helps balance that out a little though is that he's good at taking a walk too.

3. He hasn't been getting hits, but it seems like Todd's been hitting the ball pretty well sometimes, it's just been right at people.

4. He didn't look very good with Beckett, but Redman did. I think things will improve over time.

5. After the homer today, I'll give Alex a pass for now....

6. They did get hurt by some calls definately. When Lieberthal got that big hit off Pavano the other night, there was a pitch that should've been called a strike. Instead it became a 3-1 count and Pavano was forced to throw a strike, and...well you know what happened next...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea I love how Pudge hits in this stadium! He has so much Gap Power and is driving in lots of runs!

Pierre is also doing great for us. I though he was going to be a big issues away from Coors but he is hitting and flying all over the place.I hope we play like we did today in every game... :D

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
2.DLee another slow start. I wonder if these guy has the attitude(mental strong) it takes to bat in that #4 hole.He's the opposite of Pudge, he hits when it doesn't count.

what u mean when it doesnt count?? Hit always count... no matter what the score is it ALWAYS COUNTS..

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
what he means is that derrek has this tendency to start hitting after hte marlins are already out of the race or when the game has already been essentially decided.

i.e.

when they dont count as much.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
ALright people its only been 3 games give D.Lee and TH a chance..

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
yes give them a chance! Watch i have a very funny feeling Lee is ganna go 3-4 with 1 HR and 3 singles tomorrow vs the Braves

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
befor you guys start running your mouth about d. lee. i know he's only had 1 hit in 3 games. but he has played tremendous defense, the balls that have gotten passed him were horrible throws. and he scooped a bad thrown ball today.

although he didnt get a hit today. he got on base twice today. he got hit by a pitch and took a walk. he got on base twice today scored a run and only struckout once.

last year he would've strck out 3-4 timesalready by this year.

andi know he's only hitting .143 but who gives a s***.

and he playes 162 games for you every f***in year. so just stop talkin s*** already. if you wanna give someone some s*** talk about castillo.

beckett is gonna bounce back, and pavano will be mediocore.

and redman showed us a great start today

lee is gonna show you soon

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Damn the Homerism around here lately is sickening.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
what u cant take a few bad words?
huh?

thats the question i ask of most here....

i say something negative about the marlins and i am accused of not being a marlin fan.

what are you talking about?

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
no sorry i thought u were b***hing about me typing bad words.

sorry for jumping to conclusions

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
i dont give a damn about your vulgarity.

i am talking about the HOYA good times here lately.

I know its April, so there is room for optimism....

But come on.

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
das texan are yo a marlins fan?

if not what team do u like?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
if i were not a marlin fan i wouldnt be here......

the marlins are my favorite team...

but they piss me off.

there is no reason this franchise should not be drawing 25,000 + every night.....
there is no reason this franchise should not be considered a title contender every year...

yeah i know...the dismantling occured...blah blah blah...

miami is not a small market.

thats bulls***...every time i hear people whine about the marlins playing in a small market.

please.

maybe i am spoiled by a certain other team i follow, considered by many to be one of the top 5 organizations in terms of class in all of professional sports, putting on the floor a team that will win every year in a small market.

but yes i am a marlin fan, have been since before day 1.

I want the teal back, the loss of teal has been sickening.

I am a baseball fan above a Marlin fan. I want to see quality baseball played in all aspects.

and ps..

I also like the Cardinals and Astros.....and other teams from time to time.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
yes give them a chance! Watch i have a very funny feeling Lee is ganna go 3-4 with 1 HR and 3 singles tomorrow vs the Braves hmmm

3-4 with 1 hr and 3 singles?

1 hr + 3 singles= 4 total hits

ahem..... :mischief

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
this is all i am going to say....

i will try to watch at least 3 out of 4 against the braves...since they are on tbs...

this team better not piss me off.

(wins or losses dont matter, wins would be nice....but i dont want to see crap; if they lose by giving their best...thats fine)

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
(wins or losses dont matter, wins would be nice....but i dont want to see crap; if they lose by giving their best...thats fine)
most would agree

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
there is no reason this franchise should not be drawing 25,000 + every night.....
there is no reason this franchise should not be considered a title contender every year...
It's a crappy sports town. I know you don't live down here but that's the plain truth. Except for Dolphins games, no sports team down here can get consistent good crowds. The only thing that has shown to bring out the fans is winning. When the Miami Hurricanes are competing for championships, they sell out. Otherwise people only show up for the big games. When the Miami Heat are playoff contenders they get good crowds, otherwise it's a ghost town in that arena. When the Florida Panthers were winning you couldn't find tickets anywhere. The Marlins got 3 million in attendance their World Series year.

The only cure down here is winning.

Top Bottom