What's new

Villar to start out in CF

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
I like Branderson over at 3rd, so if VR in center keeps Brandy at 3rd, then I'm good with it. I think VR in center means...Brinson on the bench?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
This is obviously just because this makes the best offensive lineup as you replace Brinson Berti or Sierra with Villar while keeping an extra and better hitting outfielder in right but I'm not so sure this will work out the way they want it to. They still have other things to sort out, for example if Diaz struggles this spring this gets axed because Villar would just become the second baseman.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Honestly, I want to know Brinson's present thinking after this comment. Actually I really want to give a chance to Monte Harrison or Sierra than Brinson, even if Brinson hits ball really hard in ST.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Honestly, I want to know Brinson's present thinking after this comment. Actually I really want to give a chance to Monte Harrison or Sierra than Brinson, even if Brinson hits ball really hard in ST.
I hope Brinson played suck in the ST, because it may means he would played good in the regular season …

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Honestly, I want to know Brinson's present thinking after this comment.
I'm sure Brinson is well aware that he isn't the starting CF anymore until he proves otherwise. I doubt this has surprised him. If he's smart he should just be thankful he is still here and should be working solely on winning back his spot.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure Brinson is well aware that he isn't the starting CF anymore until he proves otherwise. I doubt this has surprised him. If he's smart he should just be thankful he is still here and should be working solely on winning back his spot.
Totally agreed. I know we will have to waste time for Brinson with various reasons. That makes me exhausted.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score

"The 30-year-old projects to play regularly, pretty much all over the diamond. If Villar struggles in center, Berti will play some more center. He also will be used in the infield, backing up at short and second. Berti has a chance to play pretty much every day, but exactly where could change daily."

Frisaro says Berti is the leading CF if Villar doesn't stick there but then says Berti is lined up to be the "super utility starter who starts every day in a different position" just like Villar so this is interesting.

With that in mind the lineup (as of today) is meant to be some combo of Villar Berti Anderson Rojas Alfaro Diaz Aguilar Dickerson.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
I love the idea of a versatile lineup with guys like Berti and Villar who can play all over, and Rojas and Anderson who can also play several places. The issue, as usual, is the guy making the lineup decisions. Can Mattingly handle that versatility? Or will we end up seeing Villar at catcher, Berti on the mound, Aguilar at SS, Cooper in CF, and Mattingly with his head in a Gatorade cooler?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Are the Marlins the home team in their first spring game? Because Donnie says Villar will start out in CF but if they're the visiting team that is gonna be really awkward.

Reaction score
Are the Marlins the home team in their first spring game? Because Donnie says Villar will start out in CF but if they're the visiting team that is gonna be really awkward.
That's a real power move. I like it. I could see the Mets CF trying to go for a ball and Villar nonchalantly sticking out his leg and tripping him, a la Charlie Chaplin.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
That's a real power move. I like it. I could see the Mets CF trying to go for a ball and Villar nonchalantly sticking out his leg and tripping him, a la Charlie Chaplin.
Then looking away innocently and asking "what happened" ...

Top Bottom