What's new

Warner announced Next Batman actor for rebooting

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score

Robert Pattinson will play Bruce Wayne in Warner's new Batman movie. Are you satisfied with?

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
How many times are they going to reboot Batman?

Mr. Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Like the rebuild, have to wait and see how it turns out.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I just don't see him as Batman.

And the only reason they're rebooting him is so they can include him in future project tie ins a la the MCU - future Justice League movies and such.

I always felt they rushed the Justice League movie before they had established any characters but Superman (who they're also having to recast).

Now they have Wonder Woman that did well, and Aquaman did well too.  They're obviously rebooting Batman, and I'm guessing Superman as well.   I think we'll see a Justice League reboot after that.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
They did Justice League after like 3 or 4 movies... bad idea. Should have built to it longer like Marvel did. Justice League should have been the pay off/culmination.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Speaking of Justice League...

Is there going to be a Flash movie? I am not a fan of that actor. I prefer the guy who plays the character on TV.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Speaking of Justice League...

Is there going to be a Flash movie? I am not a fan of that actor. I prefer the guy who plays the character on TV.
http://collider.com/upcoming-dc-movies/#the-flash

I was reading this.  It said one has been in development, but 

"But production is being pushed once again, as Ezra Miller is due to shoot Fantastic Beasts 3 in Fall/Winter 2019. Filming on The Flash movie won’t begin before that."

So it'll be a while I think.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
They did Justice League after like 3 or 4 movies... bad idea. Should have built to it longer like Marvel did. Justice League should have been the pay off/culmination.
Marvel only had five movies out before the first Avengers, though. Iron Man 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America. They did so well with those movies to start off, though, and then did great with that first Avengers film. It dropped off a bit in Phase 2. To this day I still haven't seen Age of Ultron and feel like I missed nothing.

Justice League lost so much of its value when the big fight scene at the end was completely neutralized once Superman returned. It had such potential to be great and then that scene ... Superman was going to save a family while the rest of the League was fighting the bad guy when it would have just been a ton easier to have Superman take the guy out from the get-go. *shrug*

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
The only marvel movies I missed were captain marvel and black panther. 

I think I saw all the DC ones but most were  not really memorable. Wonder Woman was decent. Aquaman was pretty dumb.  

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Marvel only had five movies out before the first Avengers, though. Iron Man 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America.
Right but they did other movies to introduce all the Avengers before making an Avengers movie. Before Justice League DC should have done a Batman movie a Superman movie a Wonder Woman movie (which they did) but also an Aquaman movie a Flash movie and a Cyborg movie... half the Justice League was introduced in the Justice League movie. Marvel established all the characters of the first Avengers movie, even the villian, BEFORE that movie, not during that movie. It's removing all the introductory stuff so you can actually make the big movie what it's supposed to be and not waste half of it on establishing characters. It's not so much the number of movies, the difference is actually making the Justice League/Avengers feel like the culmination and not a beginning or even a middle in the case of DC.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
The only marvel movies I missed were captain marvel and black panther. 

I think I saw all the DC ones but most were  not really memorable. Wonder Woman was decent. Aquaman was pretty dumb.  
I haven't had the chance to keep up with it. The most recent one I have seen was the first Avengers.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
damn you will need to invest a ton of hours to catch up.
I just looked it up and damn, that's a lot of movies! Also, I now realize that I have seen 2 movies after Avengers- Ant Man and Gardians of the Galaxy, but missed Thor and The Incredible Hulk before.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Right but they did other movies to introduce all the Avengers before making an Avengers movie. Before Justice League DC should have done a Batman movie a Superman movie a Wonder Woman movie (which they did) but also an Aquaman movie a Flash movie and a Cyborg movie... half the Justice League was introduced in the Justice League movie. Marvel established all the characters of the first Avengers movie, even the villian, BEFORE that movie, not during that movie. It's not so much the number of movies the difference is actually making the Justice League/Avengers feel like the culmination and not a beginning or even a middle in the case of DC.
I don't think they necessarily needed both a Flash and Cybrog movie before JL, as they're what I'd consider secondary characters (much like Black Widow and Hawkeye in Avengers) but there definitely should have been at least Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies (they already had Superman ones) before they did Justice League.  You could argue that Affleck's Batman was introduced in Batman v. Superman, but that movie was also not well received.

I agree with the rest of what you said, though - Avengers felt like a culmination of everyone getting together, not scrambling to throw a bunch of characters last minute to try to get something going movie wise.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I just looked it up and damn, that's a lot of movies! Also, I now realize that I have seen 2 movies after Avengers- Ant Man and Gardians of the Galaxy, but missed Thor and The Incredible Hulk before.
There's been 22 of them haha.

You can skip Incredible Hulk if you want.  It uses a different actor (Ed Norton, not Mark Ruffalo).  The only tie in that movie has to the rest of the Marvel series is the end credits scene.

Latest posts

Top Bottom