What's new

Washington Nationals march to make iowa look stupid

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Easily the worst team in the majors.

Even though it is only 7 games, I heard yesterday they have only led for a single plate appearance. Ouch.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, after what I saw in the opening series, I can easily see them losing 120. The Marlins have no excuse not to win 14 or 15 of their 19 games against the Nats, but honeslty, we should have gone 19-0 against them.

This is also shows how bad Julio is. If you can't beat the Nationals, you can't beat anybody.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
My cousin is a die-hard nationals fan...the even sadder thing is that he thinks that they're good. even better than the marlins. omg. any ideas on how I can break it to him that his team really sucks?

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
A swift kick to the balls?
that might work

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
My cousin is a die-hard nationals fan...the even sadder thing is that he thinks that they're good. even better than the marlins. omg. any ideas on how I can break it to him that his team really sucks?
Wait a week or two and he'll realize it. Just make sure to keep him away from sharp objects.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
My cousin is a die-hard nationals fan...
I believe in the existence of "die-hard nationals fans" about as much as I believe in the existence of the Easter Bunny...

markotsay7

I believe in the existence of "die-hard nationals fans" about as much as I believe in the existence of the Easter Bunny...
What are you trying to say, that the Easter Bunny isn't real or someth--

...oh

...oh my.

:crying

:boo-woo

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
he goes to every nationals spring training game, and is on a first-name basis with some of the players..

Wait a week or two and he'll realize it. Just make sure to keep him away from sharp objects.
well, he didn't realize this last year, the year before that, or the year before that..

Libelula

Muckdog
Reaction score
Eh, I don't think they'll reach 120 losses. Team always pick it up.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
Youd be surprised, I know quite a few of them here.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
As long as we can take 14+ games from them, it wont matter if they have 120 losses or not. They play at atlanta this week so they will probably get swept.

However remember last year how bad we started, everyone thought the marlins would lose over 100 games, and they picked it up.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I could easily see them losing 120 games. Their pitching is just plain awful. They lost even their mediocre pitchers over the offseason (Livan, Tony Armas, Zach Day). Now they are left with garbage prospects starting for them (Mike O'Connor, Shawn Hill, etc.).

Reaction score
I can't believe we even lost one game to them.
not even the nationals could loss to the worst closer ever.

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
:lol

You should have been there opening day. Basically 40,000 people pretending to be Nationals fans for half of an inning.

Recently I've come to the conclusion that only 5-10 percent of the people who attend baseball games actually give a damn about the game itself.

Opening Day, sure. But you have to take into context the markets. The percentages vary from city to city, but more often than not most of the fans who are turning out for games when Opening Day weekend has passed and the dog days of summer have arrived give a damn about the game they are watching.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
The percentages vary from city to city, but more often than not most of the fans who are turning out for games when Opening Day weekend has passed and the dog days of summer have arrived give a damn about the game they are watching.
or they are there with their significant other... :mischief

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
:lol

You should have been there opening day. Basically 40,000 people pretending to be Nationals fans for half of an inning.

Recently I've come to the conclusion that only 5-10 percent of the people who attend baseball games actually give a damn about the game itself.

Opening Day, sure. But you have to take into context the markets. The percentages vary from city to city, but more often than not most of the fans who are turning out for games when Opening Day weekend has passed and the dog days of summer have arrived give a damn about the game they are watching.
Totally agree.

Saying 5-10% are the only ones there for the baseball is over the top.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
he goes to every nationals spring training game, and is on a first-name basis with some of the players..

well, he didn't realize this last year, the year before that, or the year before that..
I don't think their own manager knows them on a first name basis

Top Bottom