What's new

Webb overrated?

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
As you all know all I was talking about on Saturday was Brandon Webb. From what I saw on Sportscenter I thought he was amazing. What I should have realized though that they were highlights. Although he pitched great in his last starts and is not doing horrible today and it is still early I see two problems.

He gave up 2 HR's today one would have been robbed if Luis was starting so not too bad but what I don't like is...

He was clearly shaken and looked like he lacked confidence as he was not used to giving up HR's.

Another thing is his pitch count will rise fast if you have patient hitters. He loves to throw the low sinker which equals a lot of balls.

Of course the game is not over and he has only given up three runs and looks good.

I still am lower on him than I was before after seeing him actually play. I still think he is a great pick up if a trade was worked out but I now don't see him becoming a top 5 pitcher possible all star though but he needs to work on confidence and staying away from the bottom of the plate.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Damn...

and I thought you were talking about Walter Prescott Webb.

Top Bottom