What's new

What’s next? Four offseason questions as Marlins try to ‘turn the corner’

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score

It mentions a lot including a reunion with Sergio Romo. Would anyone here not want him back?

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Absolutely Not again.
Why not?? He got us Lewin Diaz this year, what could he get us next year? ... Probably not as much, but something, at least. If he has a very strong first half.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Why not?? He got us Lewin Diaz this year, what could he get us next year? ... Probably not as much, but something, at least. If he has a very strong first half.
I think Romo won't sign the contract with Marlins.

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
I think Romo won't sign the contract with Marlins.
It's actually a good idea to sign with a team that you know will be bad cause you'll have a great chance to be on a contender at the deadline.

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
Romo alone didn't net us Laywin

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I'm cool with bringing back Romo.

taiwanmarlin

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
If Romo really likes the Marlins then he should be asking for the "No Trade Clause" in his new contract …

fish53

Hammerhead
Reaction score
To turn the corner? Well, at least this article did not indicate anything about letting Brinson play at this level or waiting for him to take the step. A legit team does not put him out there everyday and then pray. That will help turn the corner.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
To turn the corner? Well, at least this article did not indicate anything about letting Brinson play at this level or waiting for him to take the step. A legit team does not put him out there everyday and then pray. That will help turn the corner.
Brinson will probably have a good ST again and win a job, even if he isn't locked into one. I am pretty much done with him.

taiwanmarlin

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Brinson will probably have a good ST again and win a job, even if he isn't locked into one. I am pretty much done with him.
It's just ok to give up on him because every outfield prospect would better than him even didn't pan out.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
This brings up a good question. While we're pretty much all over it with him he'll still have an opportunity so let's say he really is one of the best outfielders in spring training... do they give him a starting job based on that or do they start saying "well nice ST but you've blown your chances already"?

I guess I'm asking how much faith they're gonna put into him from now on. There's a chance all his future "successes" will be met with serious doubts.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
He's been great in spring training the last two years, and he sucked in the regular season both years.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
He's been great in spring training the last two years, and he sucked in the regular season both years.
Correct but if the outfield isn't set going into next spring and you have a legitimate competition and Brinson does great yet again... do they not give it to him? That's a little fucked up. For that then might as well cut him now.

Again I'm just speculating, it was just a thought.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Correct but if the outfield isn't set going into next spring and you have a legitimate competition and Brinson does great yet again... do they not give it to him? That's a little fucked up. For that then might as well cut him now.

Again I'm just speculating, it was just a thought.
It'll depend on what they do in the offseason. If they acquire a guy or two, he'll have a less likely path to get there. If they don't, maybe they'll give Brinson another chance. To me, it'd be his last chance.