What's new

What do you guys think?

AJxAcex34

Muckdog
Reaction score
3 things, 1st why is olivo battig after Jeremy. If your going to bat Jeremy 6th (which you shouldnt) then dont put sorry ass olivo behind him. Olivo is a rally killer and the pitcher should be batting before him. Boone sould atleast bat after him.

2nd Why did fredi pinch hit that gall guy when we had jeremy at 2nd and boone at 1st. the gut swings at the 1st pitch. thanx man!. we shouldve put in atleast reggie.

3rd do u guys think all the errors are a result of not having Perry Hill?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
2) You would have complained just as much if Reggie was put in, or Borchard, or Treanor, or Wood.

AJxAcex34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp, not really. You are talking about a guy who has batted 3 times. Atleast reggie played yesterday. But the fact that we somewhat had a chance to get something going there why bring him in. Also swing at the first pitch when the pitcher had thrown 3 balls at jeremy and hit boone, why not wait.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp, not really. You are talking about a guy who has batted 3 times. Atleast reggie played yesterday. But the fact that we somewhat had a chance to get something going there why bring him in. Also swing at the first pitch when the pitcher had thrown 3 balls at jeremy and hit boone, why not wait.
Come on, our bench stinks and you would have been pissed with anyone up there. I refuse to believe you would have been happy with Reggie up there. Me, sure. But not you guys.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think, as far as I can read the stats, that Miggy and Hanley each lead the NL in errors at their respective positions, as well as at any position. And that the AL has some error prone shortstops.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
In order for Cabrera to survive defensively this season, he must lose some weight. He started off very similarly last season, lost the weight and became one of the better defensive third basemen from June through the end of the season.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't stand bad defense. Miggy's fat ass need to earn those 7 million with more than just his bat. f***. They need to hire a guy to follow him around and make sure he doesn't eat any fritas, protect their investment. He's gotta be the heaviest third baseman in the league.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't care what the stats may say(looks over his shoulder for Rferry), but as far as I'm concerned my eyes tell me Cabrera has never been, is not now, and never will be a defensive positive. At any position. Certainly not at third. He's top 3 in the league offensively however, and as long as his mental state holds together shows promise to be HOF #1 calibre on offense.
And I don't know what he might have done in tonite's game. Missed this one, thankfully.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
In order for Cabrera to survive defensively this season, he must lose some weight. He started off very similarly last season, lost the weight and became one of the better defensive third basemen from June through the end of the season.

It is beyond me how someone who plays ball nearly year round can get so fat.

SHUfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score

It is beyond me how someone who plays ball nearly year round can get so fat.
Three words: Super China Buffet.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't stand bad defense. Miggy's fat ass need to earn those 7 million with more than just his bat. f***. They need to hire a guy to follow him around and make sure he doesn't eat any fritas, protect their investment. He's gotta be the heaviest third baseman in the league.

He's outgrown third base and will probably be a future first baseman -- unless he loses some serious weight. And I am confident to say that if Cabrera takes 10-15 pounds off, his defense will drastically improve. It just kills me because he dazzles sometimes at 3rd, but that body is just too big for any kind of consistent play out there.

Should Marlins' fans be alarmed? Absolutely. But I will say again: This is a very similar situation to what happened with Cabs last season, and he completely turned his defense around.

Cabs is not fat. Antonio Alfonseca is fat. Tony Gwynn was fat. There is a difference.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think Cabs' error tonight had anything to do with his weight.

As for Hill, his work had more to do with the positioning of players, IIRC. And a lot of the errors (Miggy, HanRam) are when the ball is hit right to them.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
tough game with all the errors and Miggy making a couple. this one we deserved to lose, but tomorrow we gotta keep going out there.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
miggy still has the ability to be a plus 3B...if you dont want to believe that it's ok

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
miggy still has the ability to be a plus 3B...if you dont want to believe that it's ok
I don't agree. At his current weight he's terrible. If he loses weight he can be adequate. Last year after losing the weight he was adequate.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
you know what's up shambone

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
No he doesn't, based on range alone.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ability to become one? Maybe. But is he one right now? Hell no.

Top Bottom