What's new

What happen to other Marlins top pitching prospect

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Levinski?I think that how you spelled it.How is he doing and can he be ready for next year in case Burnett is not ready?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
A-Ball

Denny Bautista 3-2 3.16era

Trevor Hutchinson(Chad's brother) 5-0 2.33era

Nic Ungs 1-2 1.41era

Don Levinski 2-2 2.93era

AA-Ball

Ryan Snare 2-0 3.83era

Ryan Baker(Spooney trade) 1-0 3.24era

AAA-Ball

Nate Bump 1-4 3.86era

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
A-Ball

Denny Bautista 3-2 3.16era

Trevor Hutchinson(Chad's brother) 5-0 2.33era

Nic Ungs 1-2 1.41era

Don Levinski 2-2 2.93era

AA-Ball

Ryan Snare 2-0 3.83era

Ryan Baker(Spooney trade) 1-0 3.24era

AAA-Ball

Nate Bump 1-4 3.86era
I thought Levinski was in AA ball.Ramp how you feel about Snare,Baker and Bumb?Can any of them be call up this year or have a realistic shot at starting rotation next season ?I'm guessing Levinski and Hutchinson won't ready until late in 2004.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
credit:baseballamerica.com
6. Don Levinski, rhp

Age: 20. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-4. Wt.: 200. Drafted: HS?Weimar, Texas, 2001 (2nd round). Signed by: Dennis Cardoza (Expos).

Background: Levinski came south from Montreal along with Justin Wayne in the Cliff Floyd trade. In his final start with the Expos, Levinski?s velocity dropped into the mid-80s and an MRI later revealed a slight rotator-cuff tear. The Marlins opted to keep him in the deal and subsequent tests showed a strain rather than a tear.

Strengths: After being shut down for the final month of 2002, Levinski threw a handful of bullpens at instructional league and was healthy. His heavy sinker arrives at 88-93 mph with hard, late life. When he?s in a groove, he can almost get by with his fastball alone. He also features a power curve and a solid changeup. He has a sound delivery that he repeats with ease. He has a quiet personality but is competitive and confident.

Weaknesses: Walks have been a concern as Levinski learns to command his darting arsenal. After last year?s health scare, he?ll need to prove he can stay in the rotation for a full season. He also must use his changeup more often.

The Future: Having dominated the Midwest League for four months, Levinski will probably open 2003 at Jupiter. His maturity and repertoire make him a candidate to move quickly.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp, didnt Henkel get traded to the Tigers in that Redman deal, or am I delusional?

I like Levinski and Snare. Also, I read that Hutchinson is more suited for baseball than his brother (I think I read that in the Herald or Sun-Sentinel). It seems at the A level, we got some hopefuls - but it is a long way til the show.

I thought Bump would have been a more conservative move over Willis. Bump could get the job done in the Bigs, but obviously the Marlins went for the bigger prospect and more buzz with Willis. I hope this doesnt come back to bite us in the... :mischief2

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
my bad....

i wondered why i hadnt hearn Henkel's name in a while...

*removing his name now*

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think you're right - he was sent to Detroit (along with Nate Robertson and Gary Knotts, if memory serves me correctly). I hope Nate Bump gets his chance - he's definately earned it over the past couple years, not months...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
there aint much in the upper levels right now....

we could be in trouble...especially if Tejera continues to stink up the joint.

Jack1

I hope Bump gets a chance. He's worked hard to come back from his surgery and has done well since then.
Does anyone know how Tejera is after his fall?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope Bump gets a chance. He's worked hard to come back from his surgery and has done well since then.
Does anyone know how Tejera is after his fall?
probable for next start

Top Bottom