What's new

What happened to Hanley?

strandedx02

Muckdog
Reaction score
I went on Yahoo and saw that he left the game in the first with a leg injury...anyone know what happened and/or how bad it is supposed to be?

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Hanley will resting a couple of days.

(Tommy said it will not serious.)

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
I blame Julio.

lol, dont we all? maybe he will be back Tuesday.

XxFactorxX

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here's the article from the marlins homepage:

MIAMI -- Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez suffered stiffness in his right hamstring while sprinting to first base in the first inning Sunday afternoon.

The 23-year-old shortstop tapped a grounder to Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins and he was thrown out at first. Ramirez pulled up, and he limped back to the dugout.

Alfredo Amezaga replaced Ramirez at shortstop in the top of the second inning. Ramirez is considered day to day, the Marlins said.

Full Article here: http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=fla

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
doesn't seem to bad. Hanley wants to play tomorrow, but Fredi wants to give him the day off

c/o Floridamarlins.com
Marlins' Ramirez has stiff hamstring Shortstop, enjoying hot start, exits game in second inning

MIAMI -- Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez suffered stiffness in his right hamstring while sprinting to first base in the first inning Sunday afternoon in a 6-4 win over the Phillies. The 23-year-old shortstop tapped a grounder to shortstop Jimmy Rollins and he was thrown out at first. Ramirez pulled up, and he limped back to the dugout.

Alfredo Amezaga replaced Ramirez at shortstop in the top of the second inning. Ramirez's status is day to day, but manager Fredi Gonzalez is leaning towards going with Amezaga at shortstop Monday when Florida opens a three-game series with the Brewers.

"I'm going to give [Ramirez] one day," Gonzalez said. "He chased me all the way to the office, he wants to play tomorrow. Again, it's the seventh game of the season. We'll see tomorrow. We'll let our medical people take care of that."

But the plan is to rest Ramirez on Monday.

"Unless he absolutely convinces me," Gonzalez said.

Ramirez said he felt it pull before he reached first base. He added there was no way he could have continued playing. During the game, he iced the hamstring, and he says he is feeling much better.

"Let's see how it feels tomorrow," said Ramirez, who hasn't ruled out playing. "It's way better. I iced it a couple of times."

The 2006 National League Rookie of the Year, Ramirez is off to a fast start, batting .320 with a home run, two doubles, a triple, two RBIs, three stolen bases and eight runs scored.

Ramirez is the second Marlins regular to be sidelined. Before Sunday's game, left fielder Josh Willingham was scratched with a stiff back. The team also was without catcher Miguel Olivo for the second straight game, as he is resting a bruised right thumb.

Willingham felt his back stiffen while hitting in the cage about 45 minutes before the game started. He's had a history of lower back spasms, and he may miss another day or two.

Willingham said he was available to play Sunday, but noted his back likely would have stiffened more as the game progressed.

A year ago during Spring Training, when Willingham was catching, he experienced back pain and missed about a week. He says this incident is not as severe.

Olivo may be back in the starting lineup Monday. Matt Treanor has caught the last two games.

Top Bottom