What's new

What happens when...

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
ok well since we have so many great arms in the pen and some comin back there will not be enough room for everyone..... if we want a healthy starting 5 thats willis olsen mitre sanchez and johnson.... wat about kim and nolasco???? thats already 7 guys to worry about plus owens lindstrom martinez tank gregg pinto and benitez.....THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM!!!!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
cross that bridge when we get there

there will be trades and of course more injuries

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tank, Obermueller, Nolasco, and Justin Miller are all candidates to get sent down.
I'm just glad Messenger is gone. :)

ShaqandWade323

Starters (considering health):

Willis
Olsen
Mitre
Johnson
Sanchez

Pen:

Gregg
Benitez
Owens
Lindstrom
Kim
Pinto
Nolasco
KMart

Miller, Obermueller, and Tank sent down.

But that's without considering if people can get healthy and perform at a high level (Anibal, Carlos, Ricky, and JJ) or if they flat out stink. Either way, it's a good situation IMO, better to be abundant than scarce.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's much better to have too much pitching than too little.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
it's a good problem to have.

& yeah shaq&wade that sig had be spitting coffee this morning.

fanfish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Starters (considering health):

Willis
Olsen
Mitre
Johnson
Sanchez

Pen:

Gregg
Benitez
Owens
Lindstrom
Kim
Pinto
Nolasco
KMart

Miller, Obermueller, and Tank sent down.

But that's without considering if people can get healthy and perform at a high level (Anibal, Carlos, Ricky, and JJ) or if they flat out stink. Either way, it's a good situation IMO, better to be abundant than scarce.

I agree

knuckleball93

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didn't sanchez get sent down to AAA before he was put on the DL? Anibal was struggling a bit, so he might spend some time in AAA before he comes back and tank and obermueller should be the first in line to be sent down if we need to. Kim is pitching pretty well though, so we should leave him as a starter instead of anibal.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didn't sanchez get sent down to AAA before he was put on the DL? Anibal was struggling a bit, so he might spend some time in AAA before he comes back and tank and obermueller should be the first in line to be sent down if we need to. Kim is pitching pretty well though, so we should leave him as a starter instead of anibal.
Kim is pitching well, but I would take him out of the rotation as soon as anyone is ready and healthy, be it Ricky or Anibal and of course Josh. Kim is not a long term solution.
Love the "problem" we have if everyone is healthy-which just doesn't seem to be the case. Other teams love our young arms and there will be some bidding later in the year for which we can hopefully take full advantage of.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guys like Kim and Nolasco have more value to us than they'd ever return in a trade. I'd love to be wrong on this, but I don't think either could be the cornerstone of a trade for a centerfielder. While on the other hand, they're versatile options for either the backend of the rotation or the backend of the bullpen.

If we want a "real" CF, it's either going to begin with Gaby/Thompson/Volstad or JJ/Sanchez/Olsen.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
Could always trade mitre before people (including mitre) realize he is sergio mitre and shouldnt be pitching this well
Cash in one something nice for him like a CF for the future.

:)

But really I expect more injuries and problems as players grow up and all.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Could always trade mitre before people (including mitre) realize he is sergio mitre and shouldnt be pitching this well

I disagree, I think Sergio is what you are now seeing, a young, talented, SMART, pitcher who has obviously been paying attention to what it means to be a pitcher in the big leagues. You can't judge a young player based on what he did his first two or three years, especially a pitcher. Sergio is a keeper and will be part of our success.

FishFF

Muckdog
Reaction score

I disagree, I think Sergio is what you are now seeing, a young, talented, SMART, pitcher who has obviously been paying attention to what it means to be a pitcher in the big leagues. You can't judge a young player based on what he did his first two or three years, especially a pitcher. Sergio is a keeper and will be part of our success.

Agreed. I think every pitcherwith the exception of some phenoms go through years of trouble, until they find out what works for them and mature as a pitcher. If Mitre can successfully throw the sinker he will be a valuable asset to the Fish.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score

I would be surpirsed if he keeps it up but I would just ride him out and hope he does. With the way DTrain and Olsen have pitched and with the JJ and Sanchwez injuries I wouldn't trade the one good starter we've had this season.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
the way that I see it

12 pitchers (13 is just pointless)

Willis
Olsen
Mitre
JJ
Sanchez/Nolasco or Kim (depending on how healthy and effective Sanchez/Nolasco is)

pen:

9th: Gregg
8th: Benitez
7th: Owens / Tank
MI: Lindstrom
MI: Miller
long relief/spot starter: Obermueller or Kim

Jonny Ramos

Muckdog
Reaction score
hmm... do you really take Kim out of the rotation now that hes been pitching extremely well as a starter? (granted he can last max up to 7 innings). however, obermuller and even olsen isn't doing very much this season.

My pitching rotation

1-Willis
2-Mitre
3- Kim
4 - Johnson
5- hmm.. idk tough spot here. Sanchez/Olsen

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olsen isnt doing bad he just has bad luck

... how the hell do you take him out of the rotation

bleh