What's new

What I learned..

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
The following is what I learned today at fanfest:
  • Matt Treanor has no competition in ST. Brett Hayes and Brad Davis are there just as other bodies. Hayes will most likely make his debut in 2008, and at that time, it could be as a starter or backup. Brad Davis will be the starting catcher in Carolina, with Hayes in Jupiter.
  • Joe Borchard WILL get looks at CF in ST.
  • Josh Johnson is the biggest human being of all time and his arm is fine right now. He will throw again on Monday.
  • Logan Kensing is progressing according to plans. He has begun soft tossing and other activities.
  • Mike Jacobs is 100% healthy.
  • Expect to see Chris Volstad and Gaby Hernandez up no later than September. Both are far more advanced than their rotation mates in Jupiter.
  • Samson really is a scumbag
Thats it, but I figured you would like to know what I gathered from some snooping around :thumbup

Everlong204

Muckdog
Reaction score
very good info Ramp..thankyou......nice to hear about Josh and Jacobs.....

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
Expect to see Chris Volstad and Gaby Sanchez up no later than September. Both are far more advanced than their rotation mates in Jupiter.

Interesting. What will happen with gabby if jake breaks out this year.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
ah sorry... I meant Gaby Hernandez

*edits*

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
  • Matt Treanor has no competition in ST. Brett Hayes and Brad Davis are there just as other bodies. Hayes will most likely make his debut in 2008, and at that time, it could be as a starter or backup. Brad Davis will be the starting catcher in Carolina, with Hayes in Jupiter.
  • Josh Johnson is the biggest human being of all time and his arm is fine right now. He will throw again on Monday.
  • Logan Kensing is progressing according to plans. He has begun soft tossing and other activities.
  • Expect to see Chris Volstad and Gaby Hernandez up no later than September. Both are far more advanced than their rotation mates in Jupiter.
Thats it, but I figured you would like to know what I gathered from some snooping around :thumbup

up as in AA or as in Majors?

Juanky

I heard the same thing about Gaby, Ramp. He could be up sooner depending on the status of the rotation up here.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
And to add to the FanFest Tidbit Database Sergio Mitre is healthy now and will be 100% for spring training. He's already throwing off the mound and his shoulder is sound.

I mention this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is if he has a good spring training and everyone else stays healthy, as Beinfest said today, at the end of spring training it's alot harder to find a starting pitcher than it is a position player (I forget if he specifically said CFer). With six starting pitchers ready to go, we may be in a good position to finally make the move we've all anticipated this off-season.

In the alternative his continued good health may make it easier to transition Nolasco into the closer role or open up other options on the roster.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

* and we are still the cheapest ownership to participate in this sport in the last 50 years.

good stuff rump.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
up as in AA or as in Majors?
majors

and thanks for bringing that up 03, I knew I forgot something

I spoke to Serge for about 2 minutes. He's another big guy(atleast 6'4). He looked good and said he feels great. He also is sporting alot of facial hair

What happened with Samson?
he just sucks as a person

I really wanted to smack him

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Everyone got a big laugh out of Mitre's caveman look...lolol.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really wanted to smack him
Aw, you mean you didn't? :(
I thought about it :whistle

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good stuff Ramp. Wish I couldve gone.

Gaby probably will start in Carolina though....wont he?

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I went to fanfest had a great time. I got a picture with mitre, he looks like a caveman..when I get my pictures onto my computer, I'll share. I got autographs from uggla (2), borchard (2), j. johnson, j. garcia, willis (smudged). I also got to talk with Aaron Boone, cool guy. I'm excited to see him play. He was taking some ground balls (wiffleballs hit by 10-year-olds) and he looked good. Standing there looking at him was so awesome. I was picturing the walkoff homer against the sox in the '03 ALCS game 7.....and the commentary of it. Gave me maaaajor chills. awesome. I saw Kevin Gregg pitching wiffleballs too...he was bringing the heat, striking out the side. Eric Reed has a fly ball hit to him, he dropped it. ha.

I also got endzone (colts) grass (alottttt of it) and confetti from the field. Soon to be onsale on ebay (will post link to it).

I bought chris aguila's batting helmet, a ton of media guides, a couple of jersey cards, lineup cards, cool stuff. I had a great time.

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
samson talk to me for few min he was cool guy i was one that told him about e-mail to gov christ about new ball park at 10:30 meeting i was first ask question

Top Bottom