What's new

What to do with Isan ?

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Let him take his lumps. He'll learn from them.

I'm not saying he'll be this good, but think of it like how the Yankees went with Aaron Judge. Call-up August of 2016, played through struggles the rest of the way, and went off the next year. I think Isan can do something like that.

It's good to be humbled sometimes.

Vic D

LumberKing
Reaction score
100% just let him finish this season out with major League club. I don't even really evaluate what he's done so far, kinda just look at them as reps. I kind of expect him to go 0-3/4 every night. Let him learn. 

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
For anyone who wants to send him down to the minors, ask yourself:

Did it help Brinson?

He has proven himself in the minors. He will either get it in the big leagues or he was never gonna succeed anyway.

taiwanmarlin

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
To a top prospect that just coming to the majors, you hope he would figures things out ASAP. 

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Diaz wouldn't be enough for Rodney. It would take someone way better, like Gallen. 

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
To a top prospect that just coming to the majors, you hope he would figures things out ASAP. 
Of course but it doesn't always work that way and, in some ways, having to overcome some early adversity is good for development too. 

marlinsmaniac

LumberKing
Reaction score
He's been a slow starter in new leagues so far in his career so he's pretty much on track. He'll get acclimated to it eventually.

A lot of his offensive issues right now (or at least what i've seen" is him not being aggressive early in the count. he's almost TOO patient and gets himself into pitcher's counts too often.