What's new

What to do with Isan ?

Reaction score
Through 135 PA (40 games), this one guy hit .220/ .281/.390 with just 5 HR. With a .672 OPS, the Angels should have DFA'd Mike Trout before he got expensive, but now they're stuck with him. Oh well. The lesson is: If a prospect doesn't immediately look like an MVP in this first 10 to 40 games, time to move on.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I dont know why anyone is really fucking surprised if you had bothered to read a fucking scouting report.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
It is always funny seeing people actually give up on a guy this fast. I know most of the replies are jokes, but some aren't.

taiwanmarlin

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
One more fielding error in the ROUTINE ROUTINE ROUTINE SLOW SLOW SLOW ground ball, even Sandy can't believe what he sees …maybe some off days were really needed .

DTrain

Hammerhead
Reaction score
We should DEFINITELY give up on Diaz.  There has NEVER been a player who has struggled early in his career (other than Willie Mays, Mike Trout and “Sweet Lew”’ Brinson). 

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
I'm definitely glad the team just gave him as many opportunities as possible to finish the year, hopefully he learned a lot and carries it into 2020 for a strong season.

marlinsmaniac

LumberKing
Reaction score
I'm definitely glad the team just gave him as many opportunities as possible to finish the year, hopefully he learned a lot and carries it into 2020 for a strong season.
Yeah his mechanics are great, all he needs is to fine tune his approach so that he can get himself in better counts and look for “his” pitch instead of fighting against the pitchers pitch. Defense has to improve though. We should trade Sixto for perry hill...

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Yeah his mechanics are great, all he needs is to fine tune his approach so that he can get himself in better counts and look for “his” pitch instead of fighting against the pitchers pitch. Defense has to improve though. We should trade Sixto for perry hill...
Part of me feels like his defensive inability this season was a byproduct of his offensive struggles. I hope that's the case, anyways, for this year.

What he needs to do is not be a fastball hunter. He was way ahead of the off-speed stuff the entire time and trying to get very pull-happy. If he goes with a left-center approach for a little bit that'd be good for him going forward.

marlinsmaniac

LumberKing
Reaction score
Part of me feels like his defensive inability this season was a byproduct of his offensive struggles. I hope that's the case, anyways, for this year.

What he needs to do is not be a fastball hunter. He was way ahead of the off-speed stuff the entire time and trying to get very pull-happy. If he goes with a left-center approach for a little bit that'd be good for him going forward.
Yeah I definitely agree there cause the swing is super compact and fluid. the perfect swing to flip fastballs the other way and pull the hangers when they come. You never know though these days what the staff is putting in his head. Remember when Lomo got ruined after Eduardo Perez told him to put more lift in his swing? We’ll see, hoping for some forward progress next year from him, BAnderson, and the guys we’ll have coming up.

Michael

Marlin
VIP
Reaction score
Remember when Lomo got ruined after Eduardo Perez told a him to put more life in his swing?
Yes, oh god ...

Sure more homers are nice but don't sacrifice overall ability for it. lol