What's new

What Vista Gadgets do you Use?

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
I got myself a new laptop/tablet PC that came with Vista Ultimate. Gotta say I'm enjoying Vista alot. I think the key is buying a new machine with it preinstalled to avoid any hardware compatability issues. Upgrading my older machine that had good enough specs just didn't work out well.

So basically I ignored the Vista sidebar for a few weeks and I'm just starting to customize it. My question is what gadgets is everyone using and do you have any essential ones you can recommend to other Vista users? Here is my collection, alot of them are default gadgets that come with Vista.

I'm anxious to see what everyone finds useful. I also can't wait for the Sirius Radio gadget!

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just the calendar, weather, RSS feed, and notepad.

I actually use the notepad a lot, and more then I thought I would when I first saw it.

I haven't really searched for any 3rd party ones or any others recently.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Are you able to put a custom RSS feed in the rss gadget that comes with the sidebar? I can only get the ones preinstalled.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I had no problem adding that custom one.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I had no problem adding that custom one.
OK any chance you can show me how?

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nevermind. I Googled it like I should have in the first place. Pretty crappy it's all controlled through IE7

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just about to say it uses the ones I have put in IE.

I actually have been pretty anti IE in the past, but I actually prefer it on Vista.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
i'm thinking about upgrading, since i can get it for free.

are you cats satisfied?

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I have had no problems with Vista and I like it a lot.

Get the 64-bit if you can run it though, although if you are getting the 32 for free then it doesn't really matter.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
i'm thinking about upgrading, since i can get it for free.

are you cats satisfied?

Yeah pretty satisfied. Initial troubles getting all of the hardware to work due to the lack of driver support, but things are running quite smoothly now. And as Fox said, 64 is the way to go if you have the processor to do it.

Top Bottom