What's new

What will happen to Willis when Beckett returns?

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
with Beckett coming back soon, what will happen to Dontrelle? After how well he is doing this year it would be hard to send him down , but wont the fish be over the limit with players on the active roster? :unsure :

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Alvarez or Chad Allen would be sent down

maybe even Mando

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nope he wont get sent down. He is pitching terrific and he said he expects to be here a long time. Like Ramp Said the best candidate to go is Alvarez...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
who gets bumped from the rotation.

question

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
who gets bumped from the rotation.

question
Mike Tejera

Our rotation(in no order)
Penny
Red
DW
Josh
Pavano

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
what about phelps?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
what about phelps?
well Das,

he would go back in the pen and help "sure" it up

;)

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
MIAMI -- Marlins manager Jack McKeon is in no rush to name a starter for next Saturday's game against the Angels at Pro Player Stadium.

Since Monday is an off day, the Marlins are not in need of a fifth starter until Saturday.

McKeon is weighing between left-handers Michael Tejera and Tommy Phelps.

Both helped their causes with impressive wins in Wednesday's doubleheader sweep of the Expos.

Based on his last two starts, Phelps may have an inside edge. The 28-year-old has won both times and looked sharp. In the first game Wednesday, Phelps gave up three runs on four hits in 5 1/3 innings. It marked the second straight outing he pitched that long.

But Tejera helped his cause too, throwing six scoreless innings in the second game.

"We'll make a decision by Thursday," Marlins manager Jack McKeon said.

For now, both are available in the bullpen, which is a plus since left-handed reliever Armando Almanza is struggling.

In his last 5 2/3 innings, Almanza has given up 10 runs. He was the losing pitcher Thursday and Friday.

Phelps has made 10 relief appearances and Tejera has 11, with six starts.

"It's nice to have the two extra guys [in the bullpen]," McKeon said.

Wednesday's doubleheader made for a thin bullpen the past two nights
c/o flamarlins.com

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
OK HERES A SCENARIO, JUST GIVE ME AN NSWER WITH WHAT YOU THINK

assuming a.j burnett is back by opening day 2004 (just assuming) what will our 5 man rotation with willis making a very impressive debut with the marlins 3-1 in five starts. because if dontrelle continuesth way he has been doing there is no way he wouldbe sent down to the minors. NO WAY POSSIBLE!!!!!

who will be the odd man out of the rotation

honestly with aj. coming back next year my rotation woud be:

1. Burnett
2. Beckett
3. Redman
4. Willis
5. Pavano

so i would choose penny as the odd man out.

do you think the marlins would trade him or send him to the bullpen. wuld he be ok going tothe bullpen

thats something to think about because willis came to the majors prematurely and has set his markon the league as if he is a 10 year vey wit over 150 wins.

willis is the real deal man

who will be the odd man out in the rotation

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
AJ is out 12-18 months....

scenario is pointless

sorry

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
that is why i said assume

the scenario will make a point around this time next year

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
how long did we sign Willis for?.....and if Willis has a spectacular year this year and exceeds all expectations would it be still pushing it to say that he might be up there at #1 in the rotation?

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
He'll be a Marlin for a while, don't worry. And I doubt he would be the #1 starter next year even if he keeps this up, but what's the difference which spot he has?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
He'll be a Marlin for a while, don't worry. And I doubt he would be the #1 starter next year even if he keeps this up, but what's the difference which spot he has?
exactly.

right now, not including Beckett, we have 2 Aces(Red & Pavano), and 2 dueces(Penny & Willis-maybe a 3)

when Beckett comes back , this rotation will be 'sick'

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
exactly.

right now, not including Beckett, we have 2 Aces(Red & Pavano), and 2 dueces(Penny & Willis-maybe a 3)

when Beckett comes back , this rotation will be 'sick'
Sorry but I think this statement is way off. We have two aces and they are Redman and Pavano? Pavano is far from an ace!

He had a season ERA of 3.63 before the game, which is good but not Ace material, especially for this early in the year. Now after giving up 9 ER in a little over 3 IP to make that ERA skyrocket up to 4.54.

He has a career ERA of 4.57 and yet you consider this man an ace?!? Based on what, the stats he had complied 1/3 the way through this year. No sir, he is no ace! :banghead

I also want to know what makes Redman a true ace. Yes he has been amazing this year but his career ERA is 4.40 and he has never had a better year than the one he had last year where he compiled a 4.21 ERA. he started off hot like this but faded in the second half, so lets hold off that ace title on him. He is a great professional and knows what he is doing but he has not done anything to be considered an ace...yet. ;)

As far as Willis and Penny, they are number twos right now but they, of the four mentioned, are most likely to be considered aces in their careers.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I meant right now they were pitching like aces..... of course Pavano gets lit up today and ruins my post :p

Top Bottom