Pudge
Encarnacion
Hollandsworth
Alex Gonzalez
Derrek Lee
Pitcher

markotsay7

I always hated having a "set" lineup...

Obviously you've got Castillo and Pierre in the 1-2, however you want, and then juggle the rest around. Personally I like Lowell as a 5 hitter.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Castillo
Pierre
Lowell
Encarnacion
Pudge
Hollandsworth
D.Lee
Gonzalez

(You can switch Alex and Todd sometimes if you want) If D.Lee starts hitting good we move him back to 4th.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll post my lineup then reasons for placement...

1 Luis Castillo
2 Mr. Doublesworth (TH)
3 Mike Lowell
4 Derrek Lee
5 Juan Encarnacion
6 Pudge
7 Alex Gonzalez
8 Juan Pierre

1 Need to have your best contact/fastest player batting first. Not great power, but has the greatest chance of any other player to both get on base and steal bases.
2 That Hansel is so hot right now! No, but seriously Todd has been getting extremely good contact on the ball not jsut lately, but has a nice streak going. He also has the speed to steal bases which is important for the 2.
3 Your best overall hitter should hit here which for us is no doubt Mikey Lowell.
4 The guy capable of the 40 and 50 HR seasons. Although, he has taken a lot of heat from these boards and deservedly so, he needs to be hitting in this spot. Can't provide much protection for Lowell with his current numbers, but I see him turning it around pre-ASB.
5 Juan seems to hit the ball hard game in and game out without incredible numbers to show for it. I like him and believe he is not yet at his peak potential. I would put him 5th because he's just playing better than Pudge right now.
6 I could have thought of many different ways to spend 10 million other than signing a catcher that we didn't need, but thats a different thread. Pudge hits 6th because of his tendencies to swing at every first pitch and grounding into double plays.
7 What a luxury to have a #7 hitter smashing the ball as well as Alex. Could move up depending on performances of players above him.
8 Guy with the least power should go here. JP hitting a respectable .275(?), but just doesn't have the gap power I want for the 2 hole and Luis should be leading off, leaving him to bat 8th.

Many changes can be made including...
If D Lee continues to slump below .250 you must move him lower in the order and put Lowell 4th and moving either A-gon or Juan E to 3rd. I just don't have the confidence in Pudge. Or, if Mr. Doublesworth struggles in the 2hole flip-flop him with Pierre.

But really if people hit, who cares what the lineup is? :D

:plain

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Castillo
Hollandsworth (right on Shamrock!)
Encarnacion
Lowell
Pudge
Lee
A Gon
Pierre
P

I think Castillo is on fire right now and seems to be getting back into the groove. I do like the Pierre/Castillo experiment, but Pierre has batted .265 for April and is like .264 for May thus far. I think he may be pressing a little bit too much at the #1 spot. The other thing is that the leadoff hitters this year have batted about 50 points lower than the #2 spot. Both these guys are leadoff men, so that is weird. I just think right now try something new and drop Pierre to help him get his swing back. I also think Pierre is making contact (10K 48H in 176AB) but defenses must be playing him really well right now. It seems defenses are trying to keep our leadoff man off the bases to start the game - and it has worked.

Hollandsworth is currently batting .406 this month. A lot of posters on many boards have been torching him, and rightfully so. But the reality is he has or is coming around and put him up top to help move Luis around the bases (he could score on a double). He could be our answer for #2...

I know Encarnacion at the 3 is a lot of responsibility. But hitting in front of Lowell will give him pitches to handle right now. Lowell is so hot (with the longball) that pitchers have to respect him - move him to 4.

Pudge at 5, mostly to give him less ABs and less wear and tear for the whole season. I think he has to pick it up a little to move back to 3 and he seems to be on the verge of that.

I like Lee, but I just dont think he is a clutch player and his power is hampered at JRS. He will never hit 40 HR playing for the Marlins. I also dont think he is the type of hitter the Marlins need to play small ball - he needs to be in a hitter's park on a power team. I am not going to expect much from him til he shows me something, and as a result I dont want to put too much on him.

A Gon is hot. Has been all season. I am afraid to move him because he may revert back into 'sea bass'. Give him another month of hitting like this, then I think we can consider sliding him around the lineup.

Pierre, help him get his average up by hitting in front of the pitcher and take some pressure off him for now. In a month he will be batting around or over .300 then move him back to 2 or 1. He also could help turn the lineup over.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Always a pleasure to read your posts jonny! I have to admit I believe your
3-4 is probably the most correct one at this point. With Lowell 4th the protection afforded Juan E at the 3hole is invaluable because he's a better contact hitter than Lee (34K's as opposed to 19K's). To revise my lineup...

Castillo
Mr. Doublesworth
Juan E
Lowell
Lee
Pudge
A-Gon
Pierre

I insist on keeping Pudge at 6th because his tendencies to swing at the first pitch and GIDP. I have class now! Whatchu talkin' bout' Willis...let's get the win tonight.

:plain

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here something we look at for the Trading Deadline..

my lineup:

Castillo
Pierre/Doublesworth
Lowell
(LH RBI Machine)
Pudge
(LH RBI Machine)(DLee traded)
Sea Bass
Pierre/Doublesworth
Pitcher

I like the idea of have a: RH, LH, RH, LH, RH combo for the 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 hitters... and I prefer RBI machines than HR machines... remember if you got 120-140 RBIs.. must mean you are great with RISP..

Btw.. this is if we're contending at the Trading Deadline...

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Also let me add that.. people who fit in the cleanup spot are people like Garret Anderson...

Season: .329(.AVG)-5(HR)-33(RBI)

Runners On: .442-5-33 (but- check below)

Scoring Position: .410-2-24
1B Only: .474-3-9
On Second: .429-0-3
On Third: .125-0-2
First and Second: .533-1-7
First and Third: .333-0-3
Second and Third 1.000-0-2
Bases Loaded: .400-1-7
Men On, 2 out .429-3-15
Man on 3rd,

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
u say it like he is available :rolleyes:
I know he isn't but tell me who the hell in the Marlins can actually put up munbers like those.. don't say DLee cause it'll look embrassing :rolleyes:

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
u say it like he is available :rolleyes:
I know he isn't but tell me who the hell in the Marlins can actually put up munbers like those.. don't say DLee cause it'll look embrassing :rolleyes: i never said anyone could.....

im just saying, in your lineup, you should have all Marlins...

not a wish lineup

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
My new lineup:
Pierre
Castillo
Lowell
Encarnacion
Hollandsworth/Banks
Sea Bass
Pudge
DLee

:confused

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
What do I honestly want to see?

1) Pierre
2) Castillo
3) A Gon
4) Lowell
5) Todd
6) Juan
7) D-Lee
8)Pudge (this might just rattle his cage a bit)

LiLLaz#8

This would be my lineup 1.castillo 2.encarnacion/todd 3.lowell 4.hollandsworth/juan 5.pudge 6.gonzalez 7.pierre 8.lee 9. pitcher

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
My Line up :

1: Pierre
2: Castillo
3: Lowell
4: Gonzalez
5: Juan E
6: Pudge
7: H'Worth
8: Lee
9: SP

LiLLaz#8

Yeah gonzalez should be fourth hitter cause he'e been hot this season. :)

MasterChief

Muckdog
Reaction score
1.Castillo
2.Pierre
3.Lowell
4.Encarnacion
5.Hollandsworth
6.Gonzalez
7.Pudge
8.Lee

3,4,5 hitters interchangable. Pudge bats seventh until he heats up again. when he does, switch him around with hollandsworth.

Top Bottom