SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Oh good, I had forgot this happened

97marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't wait till next week when someone writes about the el cabayo trade.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
They also just wrote about dismantling the 2017 outfield. Man I get it's a slow news time but c'mon.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Why are they doing a Michael Hill's Greatest Hits (and Misses) series?

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
They also just wrote about dismantling the 2017 outfield. Man I get it's a slow news time but c'mon.
I saw that. Didn't even bother reading it. Like how many times do we need to go over that?

It's literally brought up every time any one of Stanton, Yelich, or Ozuna are mentioned.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I saw that. Didn't even bother reading it. Like how many times do we need to go over that?

It's literally brought up every time any one of Stanton, Yelich, or Ozuna are mentioned.
Eh. It'll go away once the team starts being successful long term. So, fairly soon.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I watched the game where they clinched the 97 postseason berth and the post game analysis and interviews and celebration really stood out to me because there was zero inkling that this franchise would become such a punchline. Everyone was acting like that success would become the norm and like that ownership and front office could do no wrong. I guess that's commonplace for every winning team but just thinking about how drastically the narrative would flip just months later and continuing to present day was a little jarring.

hovertical

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I watched the game where they clinched the 97 postseason berth and the post game analysis and interviews and celebration really stood out to me because there was zero inkling that this franchise would become such a punchline. Everyone was acting like that success would become the norm and like that ownership and front office could do no wrong. I guess that's commonplace for every winning team but just thinking about how drastically the narrative would flip just months later and continuing to present day was a little jarring.
I remember it differently back in '97. there were persistent rumors towards the latter half of that season that Huizenga was going to gut/sell the team and it was even one of the questions asked of him during the post-game WS sound bytes on the field by some female reporter (Sorry, don't remember who).

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Eh. It'll go away once the team starts being successful long term. So, fairly soon.
It'll take at least a decade of success before that happens. They'll find a way to bring it up.

Too bad we'll never know what could have been.

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
You know looking back through the years especially these mid 20 teens years, the Marlins made some seriously shitty moves.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
You know looking back through the years especially these mid 20 teens years, the Marlins made some seriously shitty moves.
Yeah, we're aware. These websites won't let us forget it no matter what we do.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
GUYS. This news just broke on my Internet Explorer.......the Marlins traded STANTON, YELICH, AND OZUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm OUTRAGEDDDDDDDDDDD WTFFFF

97marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
What is with mlbtraderumors. I get the marlins are a volatile team. And everyone has an opinion about them but man. I'm not sure there has ever been more articles written about them on a national website. Worse I feel like they are all rehashed articles that have happened before.

April 22: The outfield trades
April 25 morning: Ray's won the Anderson trade
April 25 afternoon: Marlins Gambling away future

Are they doing this for every organization? Or are they just especially obsessed with Jeter (maybe they are A-rod fans?). Not to mention two of those articles are rehashes, mind you in a negative tone, of two articles that fangraphs produced during the deadline.

The florida trade
The marlins declare their type

Both articles emphasize the same ideas, manage to be less opinionated. And present the downsides of the moves overall. While at the same time presenting the idea in a reasonably structured argument. The author on fangraphs praises the Nick Anderson trade. Essentially saying it's exactly what everyone in both groups should be doing. Then in the second fangraphs article the author doesn't ridicule the marlins for taking risks. They acknowledge that the marlins strategy suggests a belief in development. And emphasizes that though not what he would think to do (he prefers the Daimondbacks method) understands that by stockpiling these kinds of individuals they increase there odds of success.

MLBTradeRumors stick to stories about what might happen, let the other sites look back on what did happen.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
They're doing it for some other teams too. They've talked about how the Padres have gotten guys and stuff too.

They just have no normal content right now with everything shut down, so they're trying to write articles about something.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
They're doing it for some other teams too. They've talked about how the Padres have gotten guys and stuff too.
Are they trashing those teams, though?

Top Bottom