What's new

When will lowell be traded?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mike Lowell is the one Marlin I still don't think is going anywhere... He is this teams only star power and will be it's only star power for a while. The FO knows that and they will do what it takes to keep him in Teal...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
He will only be traded for a truckload good players. I could see a multi-team deal involving the fish getting giles form pirates, and podsednick from the brewers and more people.

That above is unlikely so It probably won't happen because Loria will raise the payroll.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
the Brewers traded away CF Alex Sanchez in order to have podsednik start.... we have a better chance at Jenkins than Podsednik

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
A trade for Jenkins might be somewhat pheasable... But not gonna happen...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Brew Crew spent lots of $$$$ on Jenkins rehab. Podsednik is dispensible for them since they are not in the race. Jenkins wouldn't be too bad though, Left Handed power right?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
By the way they released Sanchez for what Ned Yost called "lack of effort", they need a stable left fielder for the rest of the year, TH. One who is cheap and is avg. defensively, TH.
Brewers+TH=Happy Fish Fans! :marlins

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
They didn't release Sanchez, they traded him to the Tigers...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
By the way they released Sanchez for what Ned Yost called "lack of effort",
he was traded to the Tigers... good try though :rolleyes:

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sorry, he was considered for release but was traded to help salvage something. ESPN Bottomline said NEd Yost was unhappy with "lack of effort"

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
WISN-TV Milwaukee Co-Flagship of Brewers TV Network is source...

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers have sent outfielder Alex Sanchez to Detroit in exchange for a couple of minor league players.

The Brewers will get Tigers Double-A outfielder Gary "Noochie" Varner. He'll report to Double-A Huntsville.

Milwaukee also gets left-handed pitcher Chad Petty of Class A Lakeland. He'll report to Class A High Desert.

Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said Scott Podsednik's performance over the last several weeks gave the club the opportunity to trade Sanchez.

Sanchez is hitting .282 with 10 RBIs and eight stolen bases in 43 games for the Brewers this season. He's made 36 starts, all in center field.

He hit .289 with 55 runs scored, 33 RBIs and 37 steals in 112 games as a rookie last season.

Manager Ned Yost benched Sanchez recently because he wasn't happy with his hitting approach and work ethic.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
so I was right too.... Sanchez was also moved because they see good things in Podsednik

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think you'll see Lowell here for another year, * fingers crossed*

:plain

Top Bottom