What's new

Where The Marlins Go From Here

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well as all of you know the Marlins tonight beat the Mets to win the series. The Marlins as a team have now won 5 of their last 7 series'. With Dontrelle Willis still pitching like an ace and the recent call up of Miguel Cabrera, the Marlins seem to have something going.

So where do we go from here?

Tommorrow we start a 3 game series in Boston at Fenway Park. Many of you have negative thoughts going into the series but i have good feelings. Ths team is finally pulling together and starting to play the way David Sampson bet his a** they would. Another good thing is coming the Marlins way also, the return of Josh Beckett.

So as a team they need to keep winning series', do not expect a sweep of the Red Sox, but a seris win would be terrific. We would then come home to a quick homestand against the Braves, who we always seem to do well against. After that series we go on a big road trip Philadelphia, Chicago, and Montreal. And after that road trip comes the All Star Game. If this team wants to stay together and not be traded off these games up until the break are extremely important. I dont think i can stress enough how much this team needs to shine in these upcoming games.

As you now the struggles of Derrek Lee continue. But Pudge seems to be putting it together and with the recent additon of Miguel Cabrea who has shown us his ability to hit clutch, things seem like they will be just fine.

So i end this post by just hoping these Marlins can show us, the front office, and the rest of the league that we they are contenders.

drop your thoughts and tell me what you think

JRod

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
we have 83 games left. we will win at least 53 games in my opinion.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we win every series until the break this team could be under 5 games out of the wild card. This is an important part of the season coming up.

JBurque

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know the Marlins will be fine going into the break but I think I'd be even happier to see the Braves fall apart

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we keep up the hot streak, this will be a very fun summer.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
if this team is above .500 at the break they have a chance.

if they are not, they are done as far as a playoff spot goes.

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
if this team is above .500 at the break they have a chance.

if they are not, they are done as far as a playoff spot goes.
tru that das

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree. Above .500 by the break is a must. Also I'll repeat my wishes that the FO does everything possible to hang on to Lowell.

SlapHands69

Muckdog
Reaction score
Any chance if we win the Sox series that we could get at least 30,000 people in for for the Braves? We better get that alone with Willis taking the hill against a top team like the Braves.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i say, if we have a good showing vs the Red Sox we get a nice homestand

the Willis game will be huge

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Trade Dereck Lee for Palmero and you got yourself a well balance offense and a team that can go deep.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
We are playing very good, we sweeped the Rays and we won the Mets series. We have to at least win one game at Boston. We need our pitcing to pitch well with Pavano and Phelps starting 2 games. They have pitched solid for us and need to do good again with Boston. We still have alot of games left but we need to hope Montreal and Atlanta stop winning games! Now that Montreal might get Juan it will be toug but we need to keep winning games and it will be very close when it comes to the Wild Card....

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well as all of you know the Marlins tonight beat the Mets to win the series. The Marlins as a team have now won 5 of their last 7 series'. With Dontrelle Willis still pitching like an ace and the recent call up of Miguel Cabrera, the Marlins seem to have something going.

So where do we go from here?

Tommorrow we start a 3 game series in Boston at Fenway Park. Many of you have negative thoughts going into the series but i have good feelings. Ths team is finally pulling together and starting to play the way David Sampson bet his a** they would. Another good thing is coming the Marlins way also, the return of Josh Beckett.

So as a team they need to keep winning series', do not expect a sweep of the Red Sox, but a seris win would be terrific. We would then come home to a quick homestand against the Braves, who we always seem to do well against. After that series we go on a big road trip Philadelphia, Chicago, and Montreal. And after that road trip comes the All Star Game. If this team wants to stay together and not be traded off these games up until the break are extremely important. I dont think i can stress enough how much this team needs to shine in these upcoming games.

As you now the struggles of Derrek Lee continue. But Pudge seems to be putting it together and with the recent additon of Miguel Cabrea who has shown us his ability to hit clutch, things seem like they will be just fine.

So i end this post by just hoping these Marlins can show us, the front office, and the rest of the league that we they are contenders.

drop your thoughts and tell me what you think

JRod
yep yep yep......

could have said it better my self man... i belive you are addresing me as 4 the negtive feelings towards the Dead Sox.....

listen man i predicted be4 the mut series we go 13-5

Take 2-1 from MUTS

1-3 from DEAD SOX

2-1 from Braves'

2-1 from Phillies

Sweep "the overated cubs"

sweep the "falling apart Xpos"

and you get 13-5

so far all has gone as planed im not tryin to be Nastaradoumous or anything man!!! but thats how i see

no taking that we dont have to go agasnt Pedro and teh SOX Bul pen = CRAP. we have a very good chance... but the starting pitching has got to pitch Amazing playoff caliber Pen hs to step up in a major way... i think spoony is coming back tomorrow HUGE BOOST to the team...

time to see what we are really made of.. I say hell sweep the SOX i think we go aganst Lowee and he is having a "NOT SO STELLER YEAR".....

win win win win...... LETS DO THIS BABY!!! oh by da way Dontrelle Mania 8-1 2.26 ERA automatic All Star.....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
ah sky lopez...

i mean um

yea i agree

Top Bottom