What's new

Where's the inevitable Gardner recall?

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I assume that Mitre's getting DL'd and Gardner'll be recalled to fortify the 'pen at least for the short-term.

Any thoughts on that rotation spot that is now open? Man, I'd love to see what Petit can do...oh, wait...

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
there's a good chance Mitre makes his next scheduled start....and Petit is already getting knocked around in AAA.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
there's a good chance Mitre makes his next scheduled start....and Petit is already getting knocked around in AAA.

If 1-1 with a 1.5 WHIP and a 9.00 K/9 in the PCL is getting knocked around I'd hate to be evaluated by you.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score

If 1-1 with a 1.5 WHIP and a 9.00 K/9 in the PCL is getting knocked around I'd hate to be evaluated by you.
nice cherry-picking there chief

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

Are the stats I presented not accurate?

Do you truly look at a players ERA in the PCL and expect it to be a tell-all? Do you just look at that for a pitcher in Coors?

Is Petit not showing something more than you gave him credit for previously. Opposing batters are hitting .260 off him. He has 10 K's in 10 innings. I'd hardly say that's getting knocked around, because if it is, Sanchez is in big big trouble.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
The K rate is encouraging, but it comes, again, with his continual nemesis...the long ball (2 in 10IP). ERA isnt everything for sure, so maybe 'knocked around' was a bit strong. Still, I wouldnt get all excited about seeing him get anywhere near a major league rotation based on last year's numbers and especially his spring outings.

Sanchez was certainly going to regress this year....who knows what his level of ability will be. However, his stuff is graded higher than Petit's across the board and he has had excellent success in the bigs already. Even still...Sanchez may be in 'big, big trouble' compared to what some here may expect him to produce.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I assume that Mitre's getting DL'd and Gardner'll be recalled to fortify the 'pen at least for the short-term.

Any thoughts on that rotation spot that is now open? Man, I'd love to see what Petit can do...oh, wait...
31 era......don't you listen?

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

He dosen't have a blister. It's just a callous that came off. Imagine your house all opened up and it starts to rain so you close it up and then turn on the a/c. You can almost cut the humidity. That's what was going on there with them just then closing the roof due to rain. You could see the sweat dripping off his arms. His hands had to be wet. He probably won't miss a start.
Hate to break this to ya but Petit is not coming back. Neither is Delgado, Pudge, Beckett... The list goes on. Get over it already.

83Gator

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know how much weight to give this, and sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but a poster on the mlb Marlins board is saying that Gardner has been recalled and is on his way here, with an announcement before tonight's game. The poster makes it sound like he knows Gardner personally so it may actually be correct. On the other hand it may be wishful thinking - the mlb board has some Gardner groupies who would rather have released Pinto (or Gregg, Owens, etc.) outright than send Gardner down.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score

You expected something different Sham? :brigginbounce

Gardner is here... :)

I knew last night the front office, and probably Loria was not going to let the Julio thing go on any longer. Thank god for those leg cramps. :thumbup

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

I knew last night the front office, and probably Loria was not going to let the Julio thing go on any longer. Thank god for those leg cramps. :thumbup
Good call. Julio has probably seen his last outing as a Marlin.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score

You don't have to like Loria to know he's smart. Julio was going to cost the franchise more (in the eyes and wallets of the fans) by keeping him than having him continue to be associated with the team.

They weren't going to do it in Houston, everyone had to know that, and leave the guy with the option of flying home with the team that just essentially dumped him, or leave him there on his own. You just don't do that kind of stuff. He probably got home last night, told his wife, got some sleep, someone from the FO called this morning and asked how his leg felt. He saw the handwriting on the wall, knew what he had to say, and the rest as they say was history.

And the fifteen day DL allows him to be gone alot longer as required. He takes a week off, he goes either up to Jupiter or out to Albuquerque or somewhere, works on his stuff, if can contribute later on, fine, if he can't those damn cramps just won't go away...

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

You don't have to like Loria to know he's smart. Julio was going to cost the franchise more (in the eyes and wallets of the fans) by keeping him than having him continue to be associated with the team.

They weren't going to do it in Houston, everyone had to know that, and leave the guy with the option of flying home with the team that just essentially dumped him, or leave him there on his own. You just don't do that kind of stuff. He probably got home last night, told his wife, got some sleep, someone from the FO called this morning and asked how his leg felt. He saw the handwriting on the wall, knew what he had to say, and the rest as they say was history.

And the fifteen day DL allows him to be gone alot longer as required. He takes a week off, he goes either up to Jupiter or out to Albuquerque or somewhere, works on his stuff, if can contribute later on, fine, if he can't those damn cramps just won't go away...
I have no problems with the timing. Actually, it was smart to wait until after Houston the way things wound up there.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
"He's still our guy"
not anymore!

but De Aza's out also... our offense's gonna be slow, :confused

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score

Last night when I suggested the solution was to put Julio on the DL, you said the league frowned upon such stuff.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score

Last night when I suggested the solution was to put Julio on the DL, you said the league frowned upon such stuff.
Take the carfight outside ladies!

Top Bottom