What's new

Who's gone before Opening Day 2018?

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
Guys who I believe the new group will jettison via shit trades to shed salary and will not be in uniform for the Fish on opening day:

Ozuna

Dietrich

Gordon

Yelich - I'm thinking he'll  be included in a deal to dump one of the horrid contracts they're saddled with.

Prado - This won't hurt as much as we thought it would at the start of the season

Realmuto - see:Yelich

I'm actually thinking they'll convince Ichiro to come back and he'll be leading off once Gordon is shipped off.

gizmo

Boop
Reaction score
You really think Stanton will be here? Rumors are they want to get payroll to 55 mil. Stanton is half that.

Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon likely gone.

Yelich is a maybe.

They'll keep JT, no one wants Prado.

The next 3-4 years will be some of the worst we've ever seen. 

RIP16

Muckdog
Reaction score
Would be cool to see Ichiro leading off for the next 5 years and playing RF.

RIP16

Muckdog
Reaction score
You really think Stanton will be here? Rumors are they want to get payroll to 55 mil. Stanton is half that.

Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon likely gone.

Yelich is a maybe.

They'll keep JT, no one wants Prado.

The next 3-4 years will be some of the worst we've ever seen. 
Stanton could stay but everyone else is gone. In 06 I think they had like a 15 mil payroll and D-Train and Miggy was like 5 mil of it each (roughly).

RIP16

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bald Eagle said:
D-Train was around 4, Cabrera was under a million but point is good overall.
Thanks. Ichiro and Stanton could be the big draws. Urena the "ace". Jeter and Ichiro played together so they might have a loyalty/friendship out of respect.

EricOwens!

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stanton is gone. No doubt in my mind. Pussy Jeter would make Hill trade him right now if he could.

EricOwens!

Muckdog
Reaction score
Full no trade clause. It's not Jeters decision if Stanton goes. Never forget that. 
True but if Stanton sees everyone around him being traded and he can't see us competing realistically for another 3 years i don't see why he wouldn't waive the clause. I don't want him to leave obviously but I wouldn't blame him.

fish53

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know this thread is for "whose gone" regarding meaningful players-BUT, losses accumulate with the likes of Zeigler and Nico.  I never,never want to see either of them again, but as long as they are here this month, only in a lopsided game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom