What's new

Why should I get season tickets?

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
tell me. We're thinking of getting the 10-game flex pack, maybe a couple of those. But if somebody asked you why get season tickets, why not just buy them individually?

You save a little on the tickets over buying them individually and there's some season ticket benefits (depending on pack).

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
Save money over buying it one by one, and I would assume they hook you up with some sort of parking pass so you don't pay parking each time. Not sure though.

FishFanInPA

Because if you do, then we'll have an even 10 season ticket holders.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
tell me. We're thinking of getting the 10-game flex pack, maybe a couple of those. But if somebody asked you why get season tickets, why not just buy them individually?

if you know you will be going to a certain amount of games then you should.

However if you dont have a problem walking up and asking for childrens tickets then you are better off doing individual game tickets. I went to 23 games in 2003, and paid about 80 dollars (kids tickets were 3 dollars i believe)

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Save money over buying it one by one, and I would assume they hook you up with some sort of parking pass so you don't pay parking each time. Not sure though.

I bought the super saturdays plan and i didn't get a parking pass so
I doubt it.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
You save some change and you get the title of Season Ticket Holder.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score

I bought the super saturdays plan and i didn't get a parking pass so
I doubt it.

You don't "get" parking, with certain plans you can "buy" parking at a minimally ($1) reduced rate. If you miss one game you're out $10 so it really isn't worth buying unless you know rain or shine, holiday or hurricane, you'll be there.

I think the best thing about buying season tickets is the pride in being a season ticket holder. :thumbup

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you get the same seats, you will make friends with the STHs nearby. Sometimes, they'll give you their seats for future games they can't attend if you're nice to them.

The kidz tickets are abolished. Everybody pays full price now.

Over and above, it's a commitment to the Marlins org. It is an incentive to go regularly. Ask anybody - something could happen that you'll tell your grandkids about (no-hitter, ITP HR, cycle, great defensive plays, Julio, 20Ks, rookie debuts, concerts, Bonds, etc.......).

Many of these things you cannot predict, so you have to go to see it live - I saw both Livan and DTrain in their debuts (back when they were no-body), and also saw Bonds hit a broken-bat HR (after by a sheer miracle getting his autograph before the game). Plus, the exciting end to Castillo's hit streak.

Buy the pack - just do it!

SHUfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
because when u get in a fight with a New York/Chicago/Boston/ everyone else fan and they say "How long have u been a marlin fan 2 weeks" you can say screw you i'm a season ticket holder...that and u save money.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
You get to join in on the threads that pop up 5-6 times a year on how lousy the customer service is for season ticket fans. Plus, chicks dig a guy who can make a commitment.

SoFlaFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here's a few more:

1. If you buy any package (EXCEPT THE TEN GAME FLEX PACK) you have priority for seating in the new facility when it's built (that's why I did it).

2. You get the benefit of sitting in the same seat for every game and become friendly with the folks around you. As a matter of fact, the folks sitting next to me this year are also 15-game Saturday plan owners and they're really nice people who are extremely knowledgable about the game. I'm going to look forward spending Saturdays with them.

3. A "Fish Tank" ticket for Saturday costs $15.00 at the box office on game day. My ticket package comes out to $11.00 per ticket. Carry it over the 15 games (well, actually 13 games since 2 of the games in the plan are on Friday and Thursday) and you're approximately saving $52.00 on the face value of the seat over the span of the season.

4. You get countless of "Gamenotes" e-mails from your Season Ticket Representative (seriously, Orlando Hernandez must do nothing but send e-mails to people!).

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
If your dad buys the 10-game thing then you don't have to convince him to buy tickets because you'll already have them.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Because even if you dont go, it gets counted in the attendance figures. That way, more attendance, less revenue sharing for Loria and Samson to pocket for themselves, and it looks better in the newspaper if attendance is at least 5 figures.

Fallen Apple

Muckdog
Reaction score
1. Get more respect. 2. Braging rights. 3. You can go to anygame you want.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
they got rid of kids tickets?
Oh yeah...that pisses me off so much

Buying kids fish tank seats and sneaking into the Club Level was the best

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
they got rid of kids tickets?
Oh yeah...that pisses me off so much

Buying kids fish tank seats and sneaking into the Club Level was the best

well that sucks! I remember from 2000-2002 tickets were 2 dollars, went up to 3 then 4. Last year you could get them for 5 dollars I believe.

Top Bottom