What's new

Why so much black?

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why are the black jerseys getting worn on non-weekend home-games?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Marlins let the starting pitchers pick the jerseys for their start.

Wish theyd bring back the Fish on the chest jersey...those pwned.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
They used to operate on a pinstripe by the week, black on Friday Saturday schedule.

Pitchers pick on the road.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
I never even knew the pitchers picked. I thought it was just scheduled or picked on random.

Learning something new. :)

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wish we'd bring back the sleeveless jerseys for good.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wish we'd bring back the sleeveless jerseys for good.

I think the now defunct Sunday jerseys would make a great vest.

On the flip side...Cinci going away from their sleeveless jerseys is a good thing.

Their now old school unis are tight.

RipkenisGod8

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's probably due to the black jerseys looking better than all of the other variations of our uniforms.

CrimsonCane

It's probably due to the black jerseys looking better than all of the other variations of our uniforms.

I'd have to disagree there. Maybe I'm just old school when it comes to uniforms, but I definitely prefer the road grey and home pinstripe jerseys to the black jersey. I would have no problem with the black jersey as our designated Friday / Saturday night home jerseys, but I think they wear it far too often now.

marlin-unit

Muckdog
Reaction score
bring back the sleeveless???

i don't know about that one. i see the d-rays all the time because i live in st. pete and that style makes them look puny.

i think when we had them it fit with the times, but i defintely wouldn't want us to go back to them.

i like the black (and pretty much all our uni's) and i wish they would bring back the fish on the chest for like sunday home games or something.

GoGators

Muckdog
Reaction score
black shirts reminds me of the 2003 march thru the playoffs. i wish they'de wear them MORE often.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
coughcoughbringbacksomeTEALcoughcough....
can't wait till we introduce more orange

isd71

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like the black jerseys it definitely reminds me of 2003 when pudge came up with the ball. Also baseball needs more color in its uniforms, the only reason white and grey are traditional is because the owners back then were extremely cheap and only bought wool potato sack like fabrics and didn't want to spend money dying them, and there were no sizes and because of that baseball is the only major sport were the uniforms got less baggy.

Edit: The Marlins are 6-2 while wearing the black jerseys with the only two losses coming during that six game losing streak.

Top Bottom