What's new

Willis Comments on Brawl

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
"I have to defend myself, bottom line," Willis said. "We're even. It's water off a duck's back. You can't make a small thing into a giant.

"I was real impressed I was able to calm myself down and keep my team in the ballgame. You don't want to overlook what we're here to do. We're here to win ballgames, not fight teams. We're here to get Ws so we can get into the playoffs."

"We've always played competitive games," Willis said of the Marlins-Phillies series. "I have friends on that team. I've got a guy [Rollins] I grew up with on that team. I always respect them, and hopefully they have the same respect for me, regardless of what went on tonight." When asked if he felt Lieber was throwing intentionally behind him, Willis added: "The guy ain't hit nobody all year. He hasn't hit anybody, but I didn't care to ask."

c/o floridamarlins.com

On Olsen . . . .

Marlins pitcher Scott Olsen joined the pile of players and was dragged away by manager Fredi Gonzalez, who returned to the field after he was ejected in the third inning for arguing with first-base umpire Chuck Meriwether.

Olsen was screaming in the direction of Lieber, who was hollering back.

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olsen cracks me up. He's gonna get himself into so much trouble one day though.

Kudos to Dontrelle for being a man about this. I do wonder what was said to make him snap like that. I have never seen him so mad.

RipkenisGod8

Muckdog
Reaction score
I do wonder what was said to make him snap like that. I have never seen him so mad.

He said that he was a better pitcher than Dontrelle.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I do wonder what was said to make him snap like that. I have never seen him so mad.

He said that he was a better pitcher than Dontrelle.
How precious. :lol

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah Olsen's gonna get his butt kicked one day with that mouth of his. :lol

rorod

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like the back to back cliches by dontrell

i dont even understand what they mean. :lol "water off of a duck's back" wtf :lol never heard that one before

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score

i dont even understand what they mean. :lol "water off of a duck's back" wtf :lol never heard that one before

He probably meant "That is water under the bridge" :whistle

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Can Fredi get suspended for returning to the field after being ejected?

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah. I think he could be suspended for one game

SoFlaFish

Muckdog
Reaction score

You guys can't be serious that you've never heard of "water off a duck's back"!?!? Haven't you ever seen a duck? Their feathers are waterproof and water just runs off of them like a finely waxed car. That's where that comes from.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score

You guys can't be serious that you've never heard of "water off a duck's back"!?!? Haven't you ever seen a duck? Their feathers are waterproof and water just runs off of them like a finely waxed car. That's where that comes from.
I've heard it before but I dont hear it that often.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Scott Olsen has the best pitchers attitude IMO. You have to be cocky when going onto the mound and when you're off of it. If you don't think you're the best, you never will be.

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
Scott Olsen has the best pitchers attitude IMO. You have to be cocky when going onto the mound and when you're off of it. If you don't think you're the best, you never will be.
well said :thumbup

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Scotty is just a young player growing up.

His career will be really fun and interesting to watch progress.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah. I think he could be suspended for one game
All the guys on the DL were in danger of getting fined as well- they had to put jackets on before running out there. Apparently $1000 fine for being on the field during a game in uniform while not on the roster, or some variation of that.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
Scotty's getting his as* whooped by nobody.

GoMarlins2435

Muckdog
Reaction score

Hit the nail on the head.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

I couldn't believe they haven't heard it either. It means to just let things go. Or, "No biggie." But I was brought up in the country where sayings like that are common place. Once I said a defensive play stunk so bad it could choke a maggot. Nobody had ever heard that one before either. My mom, being actually born on and raised on a farm (depression era) has some great ones. Like "...as useless as tits on a bull." I always loved that one.

Top Bottom