What's new

Working at the state senate, spoke to the head of the finance committe

FishFan89

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im working this week as a Page in the Florida State senate, and today Mike Haridopolos, the chair of the senate finance committee, came and spoke to us and opened the floor to questions. Me being a avid Florida Marlins fan had to ask him about the bill. He said he isnt the sponsor of it, but it did go to his committee and it did pass in their. He said is should go to the floor but its going to have some changes because alot of senators are affraid of giving state taxes to a professional baseball team when the combined annual salaries of most of the senators is less then a major leaguer. He basically said it will be brought to the floor (hopefully this week so I can sit in and hear what they have to say) but hes not sure if it will pass this time.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im working this week as a Page in the Florida State senate, and today Mike Haridopolos, the chair of the senate finance committee, came and spoke to us and opened the floor to questions. Me being a avid Florida Marlins fan had to ask him about the bill. He said he isnt the sponsor of it, but it did go to his committee and it did pass in their. He said is should go to the floor but its going to have some changes because alot of senators are affraid of giving state taxes to a professional baseball team when the combined annual salaries of most of the senators is less then a major leaguer. He basically said it will be brought to the floor (hopefully this week so I can sit in and hear what they have to say) but hes not sure if it will pass this time.
It's just a tax rebate! What a bunch of crackheads I swear!

FishFan89

Muckdog
Reaction score
New update. Sat in on the committee meeting today, it temporarily passed which means it has to be revoted on in the meeting next tuesday or it will die. The reason for this is all bills have to have a final say by the 50th or 52nd day, and that will be it. Ill try to find out more info this week, but if I cant ill tell you around noon next tuesday.

Top Bottom