What's new

Worst sports contracts in history

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont think Roger Clemens or David Beckham should be there yet, they havent played a season under those deals.

METSrosexual

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont think Roger Clemens or David Beckham should be there yet, they havent played a season under those deals.

David Beckham didn't get signed for his skills, he got signed cause he's a marketing machine. If the team pays him X amount, his image doubles it.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Darren Dreifort certainly belonged on that list.

marlins02

ill throw in a-rod

no one's worth $25 mill a year, especially when they put up his playoff numbers

and i love how the knicks got mentioned twice back to back

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
How could Albert Belle not be on there?
That was the first guy I thought of when I saw the topic. He burdoned the Orioles financially for years.

Vick should be #1...him being the highest paid QB(and player for that matter) in the NFL is laughable.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Vick should be #1...him being the highest paid QB(and player for that matter) in the NFL is laughable.

he probably isnt even top 50 in the nfl

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score
How is the 15 year deal the Islanders gave Rick DiPietro no on there? And that Beckman contract is misrepresented, it's actually only 10 Mil per season with the rest kicked in through endorsements and potential profit sharing.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
How is the 15 year deal the Islanders gave Rick DiPietro no on there? And that Beckman contract is misrepresented, it's actually only 10 Mil per season with the rest kicked in through endorsements and potential profit sharing.

The dipietro one is mentioned under the yashin contract.

Fritz

A lot of his money was doled out because he sells a lot of jerseys and puts a lot of seats in the stands. Nobody really thinks he's a good QB. He's just a marketing superstar (pre-dog fights/marijuana water bottle/Ron Mexico herpes incident).

Madman81

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wasn't Mo Vaughn's Mets contract pretty bad?

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score

The Angels signed him, the Mets traded for him.

The Angels signed him, the Mets traded for him.

Even worse then, they paid him and they lost Appier.

BullDurham

Muckdog
Reaction score
How is Ricky Williams not up there? A whole draft traded just for him, then he flunks out of NO, Miami picks him up, after some promising starts he decided dope is better, rinse, repeat.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
How is Ricky Williams not up there? A whole draft traded just for him, then he flunks out of NO, Miami picks him up, after some promising starts he decided dope is better, rinse, repeat.

If they were doing worst deals, then he would be up there. Ricky actually had a really good contract because he had puff daddy (someone like that) negotiate for him. It had a very low base salary and was all incentive based (unrealistic). For the amount of picks the saints traded for him, he should have had the highest contract in the league. Lucky, for the saints and dolphins, he isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. Well also unluckly because he is so dumb he failed four drug tests.

Top Bottom