What's new

Yasiel Puig?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score

Would love to hear from more of you... would you want Puig on the Marlins or no?

I'm afraid of him becoming a problem along with his strained prior relationship with Mattingly so I say stay away but there are some who think he would thrive here in the Cuban community.

Thoughts?

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I really think the whole Cuban community angle is overblown, but what do I know.

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
I think there are better options but I wouldn’t be necessarily opposed to Puig.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I really think the whole Cuban community angle is overblown, but what do I know.
I agree buuuut Puig is probably the most recognizable Cuban player/athlete today so him signing here could create more buzz than usual. I'm not saying he'll lead to an increase in attendance but if the Marlins got him you'd probably get a strong positive reaction from the Cuban community.

Marlino

Muckdog
Reaction score
Career .278 avg. and .348 obp, about 25 hr per year. Good defensively. Contributions similar to Ozuna.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Didn't he get in a fight the day he got traded to the Indians? Seems risky. Besides the team wants to sign a 1-2 year player. Probably won't be here when the Marlins contend so the offensive production is kind of meaningless.

Rydawg

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nothing to lose by signing him. Better than Berti, Brinson, and Ramirez so why not?

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Maybe he's no more have the attitude problem and Mattingly also agreed to have him in the team if he's acquired, I don't think he would be an option if Mattingly still have issues with him.

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
I just don't like him, so fuck him .

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
By all accounts he had great relationships in Cincinnati. Time goes on people change. Who knows though..
I don't think it's that he's a bad guy it's more that he's a lightning rod and attracts and creates unnecessary issues. But as @taiwanmarlin said above if we do get him it would mean that Mattingly gave his blessing for it.

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I don't think it's that he's a bad guy it's more that he's a lightning rod and attracts and creates unnecessary issues. But as @taiwanmarlin said above if we do get him it would mean that Mattingly gave his blessing for it.
Honest question: what type of Issues? Anything that would hurt the Marlins. Someone referenced the fight he was in the night he was traded. Puig had no part in starting that fight. He was in there defending his teammates (actually ex-teammates) and telling others to do the same. Whatever intrasquad issues he may have had in LA didn’t happen last season on his new teams. But like you said Mattingly would have to agree to it.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Didn't he get in a fight the day he got traded to the Indians? Seems risky. Besides the team wants to sign a 1-2 year player. Probably won't be here when the Marlins contend so the offensive production is kind of meaningless.
I'd say he was defending his teammate who decided to go full Rambo against the Pirates, if I remember correctly. Tried to take on the entire dugout himself.

Top Bottom