What's new

Your Favorite sleeper/none top 10 Marlins prospect

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pick your favorite none top ten Marlins prospect you like and why. This should be interesting...

97marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ben Meyer

K/BB seem to be consistently good. He has shown above average command and an ability to avoid HR. He minimizes fly balls, and has shown an above average rate of getting infield flies. Keep in mind that is paired with his above average K rate. He is a little old for his league and was drafted in the 29th round. With a lengthy 6-5 frame . He has a slurvy slow pitch paired with a good to not great fastball/change. What he does really well is know how to pitch. 

Personally, the only guy I like more from our system(not recently acquired) is Brian Anderson.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa827392&position=P

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-fringe-five-baseballs-most-compelling-fringe-prospects-98/

Rydawg

Muckdog
Reaction score
Trevor Richards: Pitcher

He's put up dominant numbers in the minors with a high 80's to low 90's fastball.  Of course his best pitch is his change up which is well above average.  What's more interesting to me is where he came from.  After being undrafted he spent a year and a half in an Indy league before the Marlins signed him.  He has since move rapidly through the system and should be ready this year.

Ricardo Cespedes and Brayan Hernandez: Outfield 

Both OF's were acquired in the Phelps and Ramos trades.  They have five tool ability if they can develop them. Both are young and profile as legit CF's.  They are in the very low minors and have a ways to go.  Hopefully we hit on one of them.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
My pick! : James Nelson

13th overall prospect. 3rd base. Great hitter! Defense needs work, but to me has one of the best bats in our system. Im hoping he hits the majors this year. Any one agree with me?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score

13th overall prospect. 3rd base. Great hitter! Defense needs work, but to me has one of the best bats in our system. Im hoping he hits the majors this year. Any one agree with me?
This is probably a really good pick for this thread. 

fish20

Muckdog
Reaction score

His lack of power last year concerns me, but he was also really young.  This year is a big year for him.  Im hugely skeptical of guys who have only shown hitting promise in greensboro.  I feel like we've seen a bunch of guys put up similar years to his and then plummet after leaving G-boro.

pollythewog

MONEY BAG TIME
Reaction score
fun thread!

I'm pretty pumped to see Magneuris Sierra play. Should be fun to watch.

Brian Miller (36th overall pick last year) had an awesome 250 or so A abs last year. If he continues that bb/so rate could seem him mlb midway esp if yelich gone

Also, I expect less Ks and more dongs from James Nelson

I think Dillon Peters can still be a legit #3 and hope he keeps progressing.

Sleeper: Kolek, why da fuq not

fish20

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is kolek still a thing?
his numbers from last year would be hilarious if not so sad.  Absurdly bad.  Perhaps next time we draft #2 we look for more than just someone who throws fast.  

fish20

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bald Eagle said:
Mike Hill flow chart says it'll be someone who throws fast.
Our draft flow chart is- 

1) Are they a big pitcher?

2) Are they from Oklahoma or Texas?

3) Do they throw fast?

4) Do they have a pulse?

5) Pull trigger.

Rydawg

Muckdog
Reaction score
his numbers from last year would be hilarious if not so sad.  Absurdly bad.  Perhaps next time we draft #2 we look for more than just someone who throws fast.  
To be fair he was coming off of TJ surgery.  Let's see how he does this year.

Rydawg

Muckdog
Reaction score
fun thread!

I'm pretty pumped to see Magneuris Sierra play. Should be fun to watch.

Brian Miller (36th overall pick last year) had an awesome 250 or so A abs last year. If he continues that bb/so rate could seem him mlb midway esp if yelich gone

Also, I expect less Ks and more dongs from James Nelson

I think Dillon Peters can still be a legit #3 and hope he keeps progressing.

Sleeper: Kolek, why da fuq not
I agree.  Brian Miller is a nice prospect.  I'm excited to see how he continues to develop this season.

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
Bald Eagle said:
Mike Hill flow chart says it'll be someone who throws fast.
Mike Hill dioesn't like Kolek, he's no longer a HS boy 

Top Bottom