Has Beinfest been a Good GM?

Deals made by him, :thumbdown

First mistake not gettin enough in the Clement deal. I feel they could have gotten another prospect in the deal if anything. :nono

Second the Floyd deal, As were coming to realize Wayne is not MLer and probable never will be and adding Vargas in the deal was stupid now that he's 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA for the Expos ( do we need pitching?). Floyd should have been enough and if your going to included Vargas then you should have gotten Karp instead. :nono

Third the Hampton deal why did they have to go public with the trade before it was done? It cost them alot, the Braves raped us because they knew we were up against the clock. The Spoon is great but we should have gotten more again. :nono

Fourth the Al Martin situation why didn't they make sure he would have a problem with the contract before going to spring training with the guy? It cost a pretty good bench player. :nono

Fifth the Torborg and Arny firing, It could have been handle better, to start how bout NOT linking a manageral list to the media a couple of days before the firing. Also, how can you not know that MLB requires you interview a minority for the job? :nono

IMO Beinfest should be the next to go. He hasn't impress me and has made more mistake to make the organization look bad then not. :guillotine

Edcanes, I'm a bit surprised at you - this is a bit of aone sided post.

How about the Encarnacion/Dempster deal?

The signing of Redman?

Getting rid of the long term Wilson/Johnson contracts?

Getting Dontrelle Willis in the Clement deal?

Just to name a few.

I realize Beinfest has been far from perfect, but he has been better than you have portrayed him here.

I agree to a point, BUT can this organization afford missing a prospect here or not getting a extra player there. My point is Beinfest has made alot of "rookie" mistakes by his decisions so far. "IF"( and I hope not if you read my trade rumor post) Lowell is traded, I want to see what he gets. Also lets see what he does with the upcoming draft June 3-4.I understand ever GM has his ups and downs but..... has Beinfest really been a good GM? :confused

Malman again to a certain point Jennings and Feirrera have there input but the final decision is Beinfest and Loria(if is about $$). Last year LHP Scott Kazmir was the BEST player on the board but Beinfest took OF Jeremy Hermida instead. Its too early Yes, but Kazmir and his 97MPH fastball is one of the Mets top prospect and one of baseball top 50. Hermida in his second season in low A has not been lights out yet batting .240, Will see Malman :hat

C'mon Edcanes - you know the Marlins not picking Kaz was not because they didn't recognize his talent - many teams passed on him because of his agent (Scott Boras). The Mets were one of only a few teams that could afford him.

Hutchinson seems to be doing quite well for the Hammerheads by the way!

That the one difference I don't like about this ownership group. The last ownership group knew it couldn't compete in the open free agent market but made ever effort to sign top young talent (Cabrera, Stokes remember Stokes was suppose to be a first round pick because of $$, Pedro's cousin his name escapes me right now) I wonder if the previous ownership group would have passed on Kazmir? Hey getting back to the point Beinfest has alot ??? left to be answer thats all...

That the one difference I don't like about this ownership group. The last ownership group knew it couldn't compete in the open free agent market but made ever effort to sign top young talent (Cabrera, Stokes remember Stokes was suppose to be a first round pick because of $$, Pedro's cousin his name escapes me right now) I wonder if the previous ownership group would have passed on Kazmir? Hey getting back to the point Beinfest has alot ??? left to be answer thats all...

Ed.. do you know who Scott Borass is? Small market teams avoid Scott Borass...

He has made some good moves by Aquiring Todd Hollandsworth and Pudge and he tried to help our bench with Gerald Williams and Al Martin but he has also made Very bad moves. He traded Clement right after Arnesberg worked his Butt off to make him a better pitcher. He also Fired a great pitching Coach which the players liked alot! Overall he has been OK....

He has made some good moves by Aquiring Todd Hollandsworth and Pudge and he tried to help our bench with Gerald Williams and Al Martin but he has also made Very bad moves.

Pudge? Your joking 10 million is way too much for what he is doing. Lieby is getting way less money and doing much more.

Al Martin and Gerald Williams were good moves?

They are not even with The Team right now so I don't know how that is a good move? :rolleyes:

He has made some good moves by Aquiring Todd Hollandsworth and Pudge and he tried to help our bench with Gerald Williams and Al Martin but he has also made Very bad moves.

Pudge? Your joking 10 million is way too much for what he is doing. Lieby is getting way less money and doing much more.

They are not even with The Team right now so I don't know how that is a good move? :rolleyes: take what he says with a grain of salt Rune

They are not even with The Team right now so I don't know how that is a good move? :rolleyes:

Pudge is in a slump! Didnt you know that?!? He will start putting up his regular numbers later just watch. 10 million isnt anything for a future Hall of Famer. He should be making way more...

As i said in my previous post that "Beinfest tried to make the Team better with Al Martin and Gerald Williams."

Pudge is in a slump! Didnt you know that?!? He will start putting up his regular numbers later just watch. 10 million isnt anything for a future Hall of Famer. He should be making way more...

As i said in my previous post that "Beinfest tried to make the Team better with Al Martin and Gerald Williams." Oh he tried well that's just dandy but I hate to cripple your sense of ectasty for The Marlins but trying does not cut it. Were not talking about trying, were talking about what Beinfest did!

He didn't make The Bench better.

Pudge is in a slump well that's great but I hate to tell you but his slump is hurting the team that is paying him.

Also give me proof that he is in a slump because last time I did check Pudge was on a slide in the past few seasons so please AJ explain/

Also give me proof that he is in a slump because last time I did check Pudge was on a slide in the past few seasons so please AJ explain/

Pudge is still a .305 lifetime hitter.....and the last few season he has hit .347,.308, .314.......

Pete Gammons just said on BT that the Marlins won't be able to pay his (Lowell) salary raise and will be forced to trade him...

So.. $10 million on a player in a slump.. and your best player traded away.. :mischief2

why was Gammons talkin about the Fish when we arent playing