03/23/04 - Marlins vs. Dodgers - 1:05 pm

djm305

Ok so anyone listening to this? I know we are winning 3 - 0 in the 3rd inning. Who's pitching for the Marlins and how did we score those runs!

I am going to call MLB.com to figure out why the hell my GameDay Audio isn't working!

I was listening to the game but then I somehow lost reception.

out of curiousity did Nunez start in CF today? Thanks. man, Marlins2003 you are really fixated with Nunez.

:mischief2

Just so you know, I polled five beat reporters on Nunez, three responded. Each said McKeon was asked yesterday after the game why Nunez didn't play and McKeon's answer was "Williams played today" and he wouldn't say when Nunez would play again when queried.

While none of them said they knew for a fact Nunez was in McKeon's doghouse, all said they were surprised he wasn't at least being showcased (and two said they expect he's being traded) to enhance his value.

Maybe I spent too many years in newspapers but I think there's a story there and so I'm interested. It's not an obsession with Nunez as much as it's whether there's a story there or not. It could be any player in a similar situation. What we get, unless you ask questions is this homogenized coverage that is almost by definition incomplete.

Marlins score three more in the bottom of the eighth, now 11-1

Top of the ninth

and Nunez hit his fifth HR of the spring in the bottom of the eighth

wow, he better make the team over Gerald Williams! he will. Nunez has been playing, but like most of the others who will make the team, was given the weekend off.

I was listening to the game but then I somehow lost reception.

out of curiousity did Nunez start in CF today? Thanks. man, Marlins2003 you are really fixated with Nunez.

:mischief2

Just so you know, I polled five beat reporters on Nunez, three responded. Each said McKeon was asked yesterday after the game why Nunez didn't play and McKeon's answer was "Williams played today" and he wouldn't say when Nunez would play again when queried.

While none of them said they knew for a fact Nunez was in McKeon's doghouse, all said they were surprised he wasn't at least being showcased (and two said they expect he's being traded) to enhance his value.

Maybe I spent too many years in newspapers but I think there's a story there and so I'm interested. It's not an obsession with Nunez as much as it's whether there's a story there or not. It could be any player in a similar situation. What we get, unless you ask questions is this homogenized coverage that is almost by definition incomplete. Just giving you a hard time...

I respect your opinions and appreciate the insight you bring to this board.

Thanks...