Keep Abe Nunez!

jonny, what would give you the idea I hate the guy? A) I never use hat kind of language and B) I don't hate the guy. If you read what I've said in say the last four or five substantive posts on Nunez, I've given him alot of props for his play since last July.

That fact that he may not be mentally focused enough to play for Jack, at least in Jack's mind, may be enough to jettison his career here. You've seen Jack praise young players, hold them up as go-getters, he had good things to say about Valdez today, but what did Jack say today after Nunez's HR? In so many words, "how about getting some MLB hits when they count".

You don't kill the messenger (that would be me) just because you don't like the message Jack is sending. I'd like to see Nunez succeed as much as anyone but I'm not going to fool myself into believing he's something that he's not.

How about Jack is not trying to show Nunez that he already made the team so he can continue to think he has something to prove.I bet Jack real motives are to motivate Nunez not the way you interpret

Minus, you might be right, time will tell. Is Jack using reverse-psychology with Nunez in order to motivate him? Could be. But if that's what he's doing it's means Jack has failed to communicate or motivate him by conventional means. It implies that Nunez is not giving 100% effort and Jack is unhappy about that, otherwise he wouldn't have the need to be so manipulative.

Personally, I hope all Nunez needs is a kick in the butt and a couple of clutch hits to get himself out of Jack's doghouse. Let's see what he does today.

I have never seen one player competing for a bench position create so much interest and controversy. The guy has out hit other competitors for a bench spot. He should make this team - plain and simple. And I do think Jack is trying to motivate him BECAUSE Nunez is on the team now.

McKeon brought up a good point about Nunez:

McKeon said he is impressed that Nunez can hit home runs, but noted he would like to see other hits, too. He is batting .258 (8-for-31)

Also, all 5 of his Home Runs have come late in games off Minor League Pitching that will probably not even make the Majors.

I do not think he'll make the team.

Also, all 5 of his Home Runs have come late in games off Minor League Pitching that will probably not even make the Majors.

That's not true. Go read my post from earlier this morning if you want to see what pitchers he hit his homers off of. All are having bad springs so I think the homers are kinda tainted but Day and Weaver will be pitching in the majors.

I do not think he'll make the team.

I think he's going to be a useless major leaguer but I think he'll make the team. Between the lack of competition from Banks and Rios, the 5 HRs, he's out of options, and the fact we need somebody to play CF if Pierre gets hurt or needs a rest, he'll be on the team.