Marlins-Phillies Comparison

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Living in Philadelphia, I think if you asked Phillies fans who they would rather have...I think they would say Miggy because Abreu is lazy as hell and as un-clutch as they come. Cabrera's ceiling is higher than a lot of players in baseball while Abreu is declining.

Guest markotsay7

This is true, but at this point the Phillies are looking to win now, are they not? That's why Bowa's job is always on the line, even though the Phillies play better-than-.500 ball. At this point in time Abreu will most likely put up better numbers and would help the Phillies to win more than Cabrera would. The ceiling doesn't necessarily matter with a "win now" attitude.

However picking Burrell over Conine is absurd. Obviously Burrell will never have a year like last, but Conine is still better.

Guest Juanky

Living in Philadelphia, I think if you asked Phillies fans who they would rather have...I think they would say Miggy because Abreu is lazy as hell and as un-clutch as they come. Cabrera's ceiling is higher than a lot of players in baseball while Abreu is declining.

Yeah, I'm not saying Cabs isn't better, because I think he is. What I am saying is that Abreu will probably put up better numbers this year. Though maybe it is just that I always see Abreu blasting the Marlins so much and my opinion is inaccurate because of that.