Cubs lineup...

Ramp

I really don't think anyone was truly a Derek Lee fan when he was at the plate. The man had a lot of homeruns but it always seemed as though they were at inopportune times. I fully expect him to have a monster year at Wrigley if he doesn't 1. Get hurt 2. Feel the pressure too much. I hope he does have a good year too, but by no measure am I that disappointed he is gone.

I really don't think anyone was truly a Derek Lee fan when he was at the plate.

I truly was. I liked all facets of his game. He was actually my favorite Marlin. I thought it was ridiculous when people ripped on him when he was with the team, and its even more ridiculous that people are rooting for him to suck with the Cubs. I understand not liking the Cubs, but this goes beyond that. And he always seemed like a good guy, so it's not that either. I just don't get you people.

I really don't think anyone was truly a Derek Lee fan when he was at the plate.

I truly was. I liked all facets of his game. He was actually my favorite Marlin. I thought it was ridiculous when people ripped on him when he was with the team, and its even more ridiculous that people are rooting for him to suck with the Cubs. I understand not liking the Cubs, but this goes beyond that. And he always seemed like a good guy, so it's not that either. I just don't get you people. Its like this sick, weird hate thing...I dont get it. But these people do believe in clutch hitting, so I guess in their own little worlds it makes sense. :)

i think people dislike him most because of his wasted potential

I think that's pretty similar to saying:

I think people disliked him because of their own unreasonable expectations.

Instead of worrying about what you expected him to do (and I don't mean you, Ramp, in particular), how about appreciating him for what he actually did do...which was a lot.

I mean, did anyone get the impression that he was lazy? Not doing all that he could to realize his "potential"? If he wasted anything, I don't think it was due to a lack of effort. I think this is more about people expecting way too much.

good ppoint mabdul i myself love Lee and have been made fun of for it..im not the only one many analysts say the marlins will miss d Lee more than anyother player for his defense and even his bat no matter h ow unclutch he was. He saved so many games alone with his defense and saved many potential errors on behalf of other marlin players. He was with the team for a long time and did nothing but stay healthy and give 100% effort game in and game out and ppl hate on him. Stop hating and show the man some love cuz without him we would not be WS champs beleive it or not.