7 news to do special report on stadium

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

commissioner jim morales says a stadium doesn't do anything for the local economy. i guess he hasn't seen the neighborhood around Coors,Wrigley,Petco,Comerica,Busch,Miller,SBC etc.

commissioner jim morales says a stadium doesn't do anything for the local economy. i guess he hasn't seen the neighborhood around Coors,Wrigley,Petco,Comerica,Busch,Miller,SBC etc.

Let me try and explain to you about Jimmy Morales (a "proud graduate of Beach High") and Miami Beach and the convention center and why he has taken the position he has.

The leaders in miami beach are scared sh*tless that they might not get their money after all. They only get it if the billion dollar bond issue goes through with the voters in Nov and if not they get small chunks over a ton of years which is not enough to service the debt on the improvements they need.

So their new plan is to continue to work to scuttle the marlins efforts so they have a fallback pot of money in case the bond initiative fails. And Morales is their cheerleader in the county.

Guest Moneyball

Let me try and explain to you about Jimmy Morales (a "proud graduate of Beach High") and Miami Beach and the convention center and why he has taken the position he has.

The leaders in miami beach are scared sh*tless that they might not get their money after all. They only get it if the billion dollar bond issue goes through with the voters in Nov and if not they get small chunks over a ton of years which is not enough to service the debt on the improvements they need.

So their new plan is to continue to work to scuttle the marlins efforts so they have a fallback pot of money in case the bond initiative fails. And Morales is their cheerleader in the county.

now i get you. Carmel Cafero is just trying to make the marlins look bad. Thanks for the info! :notworthy :thumbup

Guest marlins02

this same station is doing a story right now on jennifer lopez's mom winning some money on some slot machines, not a little mention of it, but an actual story. they are now following that up with an "important" story of American Idol with this dumb looking motherf***er wearing a gay ass looking shirt. none of their bulls*** can be taken seriously

this same station is doing a story right now on jennifer lopez's mom winning some money on some slot machines, not a little mention of it, but an actual story. they are now following that up with an "important" story of American Idol with this dumb looking motherf***er wearing a gay ass looking shirt. none of their bulls*** can be taken seriously

Thats what fox stations do

What a piece of crap report, told us absolutely NOTHING we didn't already know.

WSVN 7 reports... what do you expect?I was expecting some kind of insider info, whether positive or negative towards the stadium. All we got was a couple of people's opinions, it's obvious there are differing opinions, otherwise we'd have a stadium by now. :rolleyes:

I still say they build the stadium by Dolphin Mall :D :hat

Carmel on the Case - Marlins Stadium

Obviously this is the point of view from a baseball hater. Hopefully there are enough people in high places that like baseball and will take the teams side in this stadium ordeal.

You can't expect that everyone that lives in this city wants baseball here, it's not like that. You know there are a lot of people who could care less about baseball and look at spending money on a stadium as a waste. That's expected, I mean do you guys truly beleive that everyone in this city is going to jump at the idea of spending money for a baseball park? Let's get real, it's all about money and for the most part the points they bring up about a baseball stadium brining money to the city is true. I love this team but I think they need to compromise and take whatever the city is offering. Otherwise they have no right to make demands, in the end it's gonna come down to those with power that want baseball here vs those in power that don't care. I just hope this team has won the hearts of the people that matter most.

And who is Rosentraub kidding when he says that they have no legal right to move? The ones who would have to give permission to are the other owners and the Commissioner. Remember, MLB is legally exempt from anti-trust laws. The reason why the Expos haven't moved yet is because MLB took over the franchise and they're still looking for the right location. The question is whether the Marlins would have to play out the remainder of the lease (through 2005).

Morales argues baseball doesn't expand the local economy.

Morales: "It's mostly local fans who buy tickets, local fans who buy products, so it's just moving money around that's already here."

this man has obviously never been in an econ class.....

that...or he's trying to be manipulative....but politicans arent manipulative....are they?