Phillies Lose, But Mesa Comes Through

Stag5

After months of hearing how the Phillies pretty much locked up the division and will be facing the Cubs in October it was sweeter than sweet to see Jose Mesa get the save against the Phillies today.

I mean Jose Mesa was awful last season, but you'd think the removal of Jose and the insertion of Wagner and Worrell made the Phillies 162 game winners.

Well, Mesa came through and Millwood got outpitched by Kip Wells. So after all the talk the Phillies and their fans hopefuly realize that the game is played on the field and not in the ESPN studio.

Sorry guys....but I thought on Opening Day this was the appropriate place for this topic. Come September there will be Phillies posts on this board everyday...I guess someone needs to tap me on the shoulder when I should be getting excited about the Philies/Marlins divisional battle. I thought that time was now. Today's Phillies loss means as much to our run at the title than tomorrows win...oh well, I'll enjoy the excitement myself :banghead

Im happy the Phils lost today as well, but its just ONE game. The redsox lost their first game too. Every team ESPN picked to be dominant pretty much lost except fot the Cubs.

Now the Marlins need to worry about their games and about winning. As long as they start winning theyll be on top of this division. Cause this one game the phils lost dont mean squat. its only opening day. there was probably alot of nerves and such.

but a marlin fan can only hope the phils get bombed and the fish are the nuke :thumbup

~Le0

I agree it's only one game. I just thought that it was ironic that after a winter of hearing how Mesa blew and Wagner and Worrell were the answer....Mesa saves game # 1 of the season AGAINST the Phillies.

Just as we may discuss Livian Hernandez tomorrow because he is pitching against the Marlins, I was discussing the Phillies and Mesa not as a Phillies topic...but as a Marlins fan reflecting on our arch rivals bullpen.

I didn't mean to make a big deal out of this. I used to make a living developing a sports community online and know the biggest pain was someone that couldn't get with the program.....so topic dropped by me and I'll keep my posts to Marlins only. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org