Miami fans=pathetic

Miami_Bandwagoners

Hello people, have been reading this forum for a while, but this is the first time I actualy post.

We have the current World Champions playing the 2nd game of the season and today's attendance was laughable!!! 17K? give me a break!!! Why are Miami fans bitc*ing so much at the idea of the team moving north? You people don't deserve them!!! I live in F'n Vero Beach so I can only manage to go on weekends, you guys live on Miami, 30 minutes from the stadium!!!! I would not be surpeised if SAmpson and Loria are talking right now about leaving town. I wouldn't blame them. It is obvious the fan base is north. If it wasn't from people from Palm Beach, North Broward and Treasure Coast the stadium would be empty even on weekends.

I don't care what the angry bandwagoners will reply, Miami fans will alway suck.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Hello people, have been reading this forum for a while, but this is the first time I actualy post.

We have the current World Champions playing the 2nd game of the season and today's attendance was laughable!!! 17K? give me a break!!! Why are Miami fans bitc*ing so much at the idea of the team moving north? You people don't deserve them!!! I live in F'n Vero Beach so I can only manage to go on weekends, you guys live on Miami, 30 minutes from the stadium!!!! I would not be surpeised if SAmpson and Loria are talking right now about leaving town. I wouldn't blame them. It is obvious the fan base is north. If it wasn't from people from Palm Beach, North Broward and Treasure Coast the stadium would be empty even on weekends.

I don't care what the angry bandwagoners will reply, Miami fans will alway suck.

Certainly was a forgettable 1st post.

The fans in South Florida are coming around. It has taken quite a bit to undo the damage H-Bomb did when he sold out the team in '98. It will take more than a World Series win to get a sustained fan base going.

I believe it is a very good sign that we just had a record crowd for opening day, and for a regular season game for that matter. Not everyone is going to be able to attend every night, so it is natural to have a drop off after such a great showing.

Season ticket sales are up....and that is encouraging.

The political roadblocks the Marlins face to get a stadium done are incredible and very frustrating. In many ways I agree that the Marlins would be better off looking towards Broward or Palm Beach counties to get a deal going. It's not the fans in Miami, it's the politicos that are making it difficult for the team to be financially viable.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them looking north of Miami Dade if the May 1 deadline passes without a stadium deal in place.

Guest Moneyball

i know 18,000 isn't much but we've come a long way from that disastrous opening day 2002 and the disastrous yearly attendance of 800,000. the fans will come back, wait 'til summer when school gets out. some fans still don't trust anyone after '97 it's a SLOW process.

i know 18,000 isn't much but we've come a long way from that disastrous opening day 2002 and the disastrous yearly attendance of 800,000. the fans will come back, wait 'til summer when school gets out. some fans still don't trust anyone after '97 it's a SLOW process.

Everybody keeps saying it'll take time to win the fans back. Well guess what people, the marlins don't have a lot of time, they could be gone real soon if a stadium deal doesn't get done.

Guest Moneyball

they will come back don't worry. the fans in the north the suppossed "TRUE FANS" should get their fat asses on tri-rail and come to the baseball games. By the way most fans at PPS are latin, not many people live in the north

thanks for the insightful post, flamer.

Guest Moneyball

if you are going to trash bandwagoners go to the forum on FloridaMarlins.com those are true losers. This is the Red Sox Nation of the Florida Marlins you dumbass.

Like I said, I'm speaking my mind. The team always draws good on saturdays. Take Turner field for example. It is also located away from downtown ATL and yet over 25k always show up for every game.

What does management has to do in order for the fans to trust them?

Anything less than 22k per game after winning the WS is very pathetic. No matter how you spin it around. And this is the truth.

Miami already lost the Panthers and I think it was the best thing that could happen to both the team and the fans. Now they have a state of the art arena with plenty of parking averaging about 80% capacity per game and their Miami fan base I would say is close to zero. Imagine how the Marlins could draw up North. If they end up building in Miami, so be it, the important thing is keeping the team in the area, but they could have a much better future in either Broward or Palm Beach, and perhaps Orlando.

:thumbdown

Hey retard go to another board to cry like to the floridamarlins.com board where there are alot of retards like you. :blink:

Other attendances for some games completed so far tonight:

KC: 16,134

Oakland: 20,232

Atlanta: 22,775 (my math isn't great, but isn't that less than 25,000?)

Pittsburgh: 15,126

Toronto: 13,100

So, while our attendance is low compared to the opener, it's not like we're alone. Lots of cities don't draw much during the middle of the week, even on the second game of the season.

Take Turner field for example. It is also located away from downtown ATL and yet over 25k always show up for every game.

What are you talking about? Atlanta is notorious for less than stellar attendance. This is a team that wouldn't even sell out playoff games until the later games of the NLCS. Last year that stadium was a sea of blue during the division series

By the way, when did I said I was directing at the forum members? I clearly attacked the MIami fans, which is common knowledge are only there for special occasions.

I don't even bother going to Flamarlins.com I don't like postin with pre-teens.

Deep down inside no matter what y'all write, you know 17k was dissapointing. I'm sure the team was expecting 25k+ every night. Loria knows he can't convince Sen. King with that kind of attendance.

I also want to be optimistic, but every day that passes by I think of 2006 when they make the announcement of the contraction of the Expos and the relocation of the DC Marlins. And just thinking of going to TB and having to become a DRays fan sucks.