Pavano and Redman...

C'mon Ramp...I have no agenda except I am a pissed off fan that has been doublecrossed, lied to and hurt because I had a dream to have a real MLB team to root for, and what I have is a glorified AAA team that equates to a farm team for the Yankees, Braves, Dodgers etc.....

Ramp stop with the rose-coloured glasses already.....se it for what it really is....a job being done on us South Fla MLB fans all over again....its a never-ending nightmare since the night we won the 1997 WS.

Foggy.. your making this look like the worst thing anyone has ever seen.. go watch some Yankee games..

C'mon Ramp...I have no agenda except I am a pissed off fan that has been doublecrossed, lied to and hurt because I had a dream to have a real MLB team to root for, and what I have is a glorified AAA team that equates to a farm team for the Yankees, Braves, Dodgers etc.....

Ramp stop with the rose-coloured glasses already.....se it for what it really is....a job being done on us South Fla MLB fans all over again....its a never-ending nightmare since the night we won the 1997 WS.

Foggy.. your making this look like the worst thing anyone has ever seen.. go watch some Yankee games.. Hey it is terrible....I waited all my life to have MLB team in my hometown, and what have we gotten.....except for one brief exception.....TRASH.

Remember for those who say Marlins fans are bad, well the Marlins except for one season have had losing records, and at that haven't won a division title yet.

All I want is a competetive team, but looking at the way they are playing right now, it's obvious to anyone with a lick of sense this team is not MLB quality, and may not even be able to beat some AAA teams on a regular basis.

Everybody wants a competitive team man. I wish we had an 80 million dollar payroll too, but would you rather have no team at all?

Regarding all the moves last year, you can complain about the players we got back if you want, but lets not pretend that was a world series team we broke up. That group never even had a winning record here.

As far as your fire sale theory, they very well COULD trade Mike Lowell, Derek Lee, and Luis Castillo, yes. But when you have guys with the future superstar label like Miguel Cabrera ready to hit the big leagues, what else do you do? If you're at all concerned about payroll, do you re-sign a player for 7 million who is an All-Star on a team that probably isn't going to make the playoffs anyway, or do you bring one up for almost no money who by all accounts is a future star himself? I mean unless you're the Yankees, that's just the way baseball works.

Derek Lee's already overrated and he'll make even more next year. While he's a decent first baseman in this league, I'd rather cut my losses and bring up one of our two good prospects.

And as much as I like Castillo, I don't think there's a leadoff hitter in the game worth 7 million unless you count Soriano.

*And shouldn't you be happy if Loria is losing money? At some point then he wouldn't be able to afford the team & would be forced to sell them to someone else whom you would presumably like much more.

As far as your fire sale theory, they very well COULD trade Mike Lowell, Derek Lee, and Luis Castillo, yes. But when you have guys with the future superstar label like Miguel Cabrera ready to hit the big leagues, what else do you do? If you're at all concerned about payroll, do you re-sign a player for 7 million who is an All-Star on a team that probably isn't going to make the playoffs anyway, or do you bring one up for almost no money who by all accounts is a future star himself? I mean unless you're the Yankees, that's just the way baseball works.

I agree with most of what you said with THIS rxception, and it's a big one. I'm still proposing this: MOVE CABRERA TO LF! He has the speed, he has the glove, and his arm is most definately good enough. He has all the intangables to be at least as good as Millar was (lol). Wouldn't you rather Have two All-Stars? One making virtualy nothing, and the other $7 Million? It isn't like we can't afford it as it is, whe we rid ourselves of Lee and are forced to trade Luis.