Lack of Marlins Coverage...

I leave for a weekend and mass media chaos breaks out.

OK, if you have DirecTV in Central Florida, you should get 95 Marlins games via Fox Sports Net Florida. PAX games are not on Extra Innings and would be blacked out anyway.

We already have a petition going for Marlins games, but it's for Bright House because they get no games.

Here is my TV Info Site so you can check your zip code and see which teams DirecTV must give you on FSN Florida.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rgarcia1025/id5.html

but at least you'd think the FLORIDA marlins would get coverage in FLORIDA!

True. We get overage of the Mariners in Idaho, Montana, and Oregon... Why wouldn't they show the Marlins games all over Florida? I think its a Central Florida Thing...Nothing from SoFla is good in CenFLA, Why? because Central Florida has an Identity crisis....Should we support Tampa or Jacksonville? hmmm? DONT KNOW BECAUSE EVERYTHING CENTRAL FLORIDA SUCKS! The Magic, the Gators and UCF. Please - I have been living in Tallahassee for 5 years now, and the Marlins are my favorite team ever. I have not been able to see games until MLB.TV came along. I have a way of seeing the games now...that is what I suggest to you.

The owners didn't want to add OTA signals because they thought it would be too many games and too difficult for DirecTV to pick up. Reinsdorf led this crusade, but he is no longer on the TV committee, but on the relocation committee, soo we could see a big change on this soon.

My petition to get the Marlins on TV and Radio was started last summer and so far the results have been good. The only ones we haven't cracked exactly yet are Bright House in Central Florida and Comcast in Tally (pending).

Visit my TV info site and go to the bottom for more info.

Comcast should be adding FSN Florida within a couple of weeks around the state. They signed the deal almost two weeks ago.

Bright House is the problem.

i was talking more about the CSN networks (phillies) not on DTV becuase the more NL east teams on DTV means the more games televised.

OK, Comcast Sportsnet Philly (home of the damn Phillies) is owned by the Phillies and Comcast. (Comcast owns the 76ers and Flyers)

The Phillies do not force it outside of cable because Comcast pays them big $$$. They use the old Spectrum system to expose a loophole allowing them to keep it cable only.

Braves (FSN South, Turner South, TBS)

Marlins (FSN Florida, Marlins TV Network)

Phillies (CSN Philly, WPSG)

Mets (MSG, FSN NY, WPIX)

Expos (RDS, The Score)

The Padres and COX have a similar agreement with Channel 4 San Diego.