The back-ups in tomorrow?

There likely won't be much of a drop off by putting Nunez in. I hate to say it, but Conine has been more of the anti-clutch so far. So until he gets his bat going, we should see if Abraham can continue his ST hitting streak.

hehe... tonight there were 2 on, lowell was at the plate, the count was 3-0, and i was praying he would swing at the 4th pitch.

he of course took the walk, loaded up the bases, and you know the rest...

There likely won't be much of a drop off by putting Nunez in. I hate to say it, but Conine has been more of the anti-clutch so far. So until he gets his bat going, we should see if Abraham can continue his ST hitting streak.

hehe... tonight there were 2 on, lowell was at the plate, the count was 3-0, and i was praying he would swing at the 4th pitch.

he of course took the walk, loaded up the bases, and you know the rest... Ugh, the fourth time in 5 games we have loaded the bases, and gotten nothing from it. :mad :

Why would we have our backups in tom?

If we have a day off monday than players shouldnt mind playing on sunday because they coukd relax on mon.

And we need some good players in to face Kevin M.

I dont understand why we would put in our backups...unless we really want to make fun of the Phils and show them that even our backups can beat them.

Do they really need a rest after only a week into the season? Don't get me wrong, I think Nu?ez could be something, but its a bit too early to start giving them time to rest.

During spring training many of the starters played sporatically, half a game or less. Conine didn't play for six days before opening day because he was sick. Lowell sat out many games because of his problem. Luis still has hip problems.

They've now played five games straight, intense games. You know the Expos are going to play us hard in PR. This early in the season resting them is the right thing to do. It's also important to give the bench guys some playing time so they don't get rusty. Nunez has one MLB so far, I don't remember if Easley has had any.

Do they really need a rest after only a week into the season? Don't get me wrong, I think Nu?ez could be something, but its a bit too early to start giving them time to rest.

its not because the players need a rest ... it's basically because Jack doesnt want Nunez and Easley to cool off ... they were blazing hot in the spring, so if you keep them in the bench for too long they are just gonna cool off.

I say Nunez for Niner ... leave Easley on the bench, and maybe bring him out in the 5th or so.(that way he gets a couple of at-bats) ... i dont know ... start em both :thumbup