Marlins Stadium

Guest Moneyball

if a press conference does happen on monday how soon can we expect to see real sketches for the park ?

. if there are so many fans in broward how come they don't go to the games now. there are many people in little havana and in the southwest who are huge fans but don't want to drive through carol city or make the long trip. plus with what you lose in season ticket holders in broward and palm beach you make up with fans in coral gables and all those rich neighborhoods.

if a press conference does happen on monday how soon can we expect to see real sketches for the park ?

. if there are so many fans in broward how come they don't go to the games now. there are many people in little havana and in the southwest who are huge fans but don't want to drive through carol city or make the long trip. plus with what you lose in season ticket holders in broward and palm beach you make up with fans in coral gables and all those rich neighborhoods.

Yeah, all those fans in MDC that packed the place to the rafters from 1998 through 2002.

Guest Moneyball

there are many people in little havana and in the southwest who are huge fans but don't want to drive through carol city or make the long trip.

20 million in losses? Someone better hurry up and lock this thread. Seems like after every other post that number goes up a few million.

By tonight the Fish may well have lost 100 million if we don't put an end to this right now.

Your making me think your a Democrat the way you are bashing publicly financed/subsidized sports venues. :lol

Why don't you guys wait till there is ACTUALLY something official that describes the stadium, it's location, and plans. Everyone is just speculating about how this will end up. None of you have any details on anything yet so all this negative talk, it all seems like HATE talk, since the stadium location announced does not please you you are not gonna even give it a chance. I am hoping they make it work and I am sure they are taking into account access and parking issues.

I live in Broward work in South Miami and would have no problem going to OB for baseball. I had the Marlins full season ticket package from 1993 to 2000 (now I have the 20 game saturday package) and from 1993 - 1996 I average 50 Marlin home games and at that time I was working at St Lucie and living in Palm Beach Gardens.

If you love Baseball distance is not an issue.

Yeah, all those fans in MDC that packed the place to the rafters from 1998 through 2002. Where were the Broward and Palm Beach fans? :thumbdown

No offense but those years are understandable for many fans because Huizengia broke all of our hearts by selling off our first World Series team. But you obviously do not understand Miami fans. Besides, that is their way of protesting ownership...

When will you realize that the Marlins fans never had enough time to see a winning team and then when they had one and could build a big fan base off it was sold off for minor leaguers, many of whom never made it except for the ones on last years team. If your going to complain about Miami fans, then explain to me why I make the trip to see a good, young, exciting, but bad in the standings, Panthers team all the way from South Dade to Northern Broward. Is it because that I do not wait for a winning team like most of the Rich people down here (IN ALL THREE COUNTIES) or is it because I just had to drive up and back down...

South Florida fans in general suck... :thumbdown

The Orange Bowl is a Toilet. So knocking it down is a good idea whether a new stadium is built on that land or not.

What are you talking about? You REALLY have no basis for that argument and franlky its just dumb, the orange bowl besides being the home of the Hurricanes is a landmark, im talking national landmark, it was home to 4 of the first 10 Super Bowls (II, III, V, X) and that includes Namath's MVP performance over Baltimore in Super Bowl II, Personally i compare it to Wrigley or Fenway its that historic a place. I LOVE the Marlins but i wouldnt tear down the Orange Bowl for anything... I have bought season tickets to the Orange Bowl every season the Hurricanes have played there over the past decade, and i wouldnt trade it for anything.

Guest Juanky

Why don't you guys wait till there is ACTUALLY something official that describes the stadium, it's location, and plans. Everyone is just speculating about how this will end up. None of you have any details on anything yet so all this negative talk, it all seems like HATE talk, since the stadium location announced does not please you you are not gonna even give it a chance. I am hoping they make it work and I am sure they are taking into account access and parking issues.

Because we are professional garbage talkers

• 10 months later...

The Orange Bowl needs this. The neighborhood is not the best, but for baseball, you can turn it into a hotbed. The land is relatively cheap and the requirements of city skyline, transit, and urban setting is there.

324446[/snapback]

bottom line every one is full of it cuz if it were the other way around, if the stadium were being built somewhere in broward then dade fans would be trashing it and broward fans would be defending it so let it go, but more importantly, i live 3 blocks away from the orange bowl and have all my life and unless u do too u have no say whatsoever in what we need for our neighborhood, no one asked for this stadium here anyways, u guys worry about traffic and whatnot, what about the people the rent in all those apartment complexes around there, i mean the owners get cash but what about the tenants, a lot of those people have been renting for decades in the same place, w/e there's tons of unincorporated land elsewhere, and don't feed us this crap about how "its better for the neighborhood" when there's nothing wrong with it now...stop pretending to care...u gotta love the hypocracy

still bull***t...no matter how u look at it...

693216[/snapback]

How the hell is it bulls***? They won't be many homes torn down. Plus any change in the rental market would be if the owners of the buildings do it. So if you living 3 blocks from the Orange Bowl is forced out after all these years, it is because your landlord could make more with someone else.

It sounds cruel, but that is life. Miami has been sheltered from this for years, but other cities have done much more and had little problems. I remember when they wanted to build Veterans Parkway here in Cape Coral. It cuts right through the heart of town and they seized the land. Many people moved their houses on trucks so they could keep them.

hey i'm sorry, but when someone else makes up your mind for you, that my friend is bull**** at its best ok, did u have to put ur house on a truck and move it, besides my house isn't going to be torn down and my landlord will not kick me out, thats for sure, but what about the houses that are getting torn down, its not right to fight for something when it only affects you, you gotta be an advocate at all times, making people leave there houses for a stadium is bull****

hey i'm sorry, but when someone else makes up your mind for you, that my friend is bull**** at its best ok, did u have to put ur house on a truck and move it, besides my house isn't going to be torn down and my landlord will not kick me out, thats for sure, but what about the houses that are getting torn down, its not right to fight for something when it only affects you, you gotta be an advocate at all times, making people leave there houses for a stadium is bull****

693226[/snapback]

How many houses will be torn down? Do any of those owners have issues with it?

can anyone here actually say they would be ok with getting kicked out of ur house for a stadium...and only the landlords get money, u evict a building with 30 tenants, only the landlord gets money and chances are, the landlord doesn't even live in the building...it doesn't matter, i just want to get my point across

693230[/snapback]

Landlords can't just evict someone with a lease. Now if you rent month-to-month, the landlord could kick you out if they get someone else willing to pay more. The landlord owns the building.