Suggestions

Nielsosky

Hey,

nice site, but I've got a few suggestions. I don't mean to stir up trouble, just some things you should consider.

I think there are too many posts hear that are really for the purpose of raising a member's post count. There are lots of 'lol', 'me too', or just replies wih an emoticon. Many members also double post. For example, I saw one member post the web address to one site, and then post a reply immediately afterwards with a link that went to it. Nothing else. Can't you just post them both in the same reply? I know this is a great site, but it would be even greater if some of the members focused more on contributing to the conversation as opposed to raising their post count. I have a site, but my number one concern is making sure there are no replies purely for the sake of raising a post count. THere are a lot of sites that could be a lot better if members didn't post to raise their post count. Even if it means the numbers aren't as high, it is worth it.

Sheesh, I know I haven't been around in a while, but just dropping back in to give some suggestions. And I'm not going to jinx our pitchers this year (if ya remember that).

Niels

I agree about the too many useless posts complaint.

And this is coming from the guy who we complained about having too many useless polls... :plain lol...I know I made a lot of useless polls when I first came here. I've learned my lesson.

Just a suggestion though.

Guest Moneyball

i've got a suggestion: when you start a topic make sure the title is spelled correctly.

it's STADIUM not STADUIM

and it's ORANGE BOWL not ORANGE BOWEL

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, who cares?

I agree, sometimes the lol posts suck, but you can't have mods go around and being spam Nazis. Besides, if we got rid of all the LOL and OMG posts I don't know if there'd be a board.

Screw you for regulating other people's thoughts.

If you took out all those posts that people make that are only a few words or one sentence than you would be taking out a large portion of posts. Members wouldnt have nearly as many posts as they do now if you didnt count those posts and the board wouldnt be as full.

The reason that people only do posts with smilies is b/c the smilies are so detailed that you can write what you're feeling with just putting the smiley.

like if you think something is funny, you're not gonna put "hey i thought that post above me was very funny, good job" i mean who the hell writes that

might as well just put :lol

The reason that people only do posts with smilies is b/c the smilies are so detailed that you can write what you're feeling with just putting the smiley.

like if you think something is funny, you're not gonna put "hey i thought that post above me was very funny, good job" i mean who the hell writes that

Well another point is that you dont need to announce to everyone when you think what someone posted was funny....

Your really suppose to ADD something to the conversation....or give some information and try to tell us something we didnt know atleast.

If everyone posted :lol whenever they thought that something was funny than there would be so many more posts...and its annoying when your expecting to read something good and you see that someone just posted :lol because they thought that something was funny.

That's an excellent point that really gets to the source of the issue. A wise man once said "A picture is worth 1000 words". Well on here "An emoticon is worth 10 words" and I think that's what we all need to remember.

Don't want to become to strict because all that leads to is unhappy users and who really wants more rules anyway? As long as you are contributing in some way to the discussion, it's not a problem.

Wait, all I needed to say was: " :thumbup "

Your really suppose to ADD something to the conversation....or give some information and try to tell us something we didnt know atleast.

If everyone posted :lol whenever they thought that something was funny than there would be so many more posts...and its annoying when your expecting to read something good and you see that someone just posted :lol because they thought that something was funny.

I understand what you mean but I don't think it's been a big issue, as long as the threads don't look like this:

:lol

:whistle

:plain

;)

:plain

I think you get the point.

But yeah as long as the threads don't only consist of smilies, we're okay. I mean there's one once in a while but usually, every1 contributes.